School-Aged Children

An Intro

I just discovered The Bump had this board! So happy! I have a DD who is 7, 8 in September. She will be in 3rd grade when school starts again. I also have a 14 month old DS.

I am a working mom and my DH does most of the caregiving while I am at work. He was in the Army for 6 years but is now out and going to school.

Looking forward to connecting with some moms of older kids! The moms in our area are not very welcoming to newcomers.

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast

Re: An Intro

• Hello, welcome to the board! I have a 7 year old as well but he'll be starting 2nd grade this upcoming school year. Then, I also have a 3 year old as well. My H has served and is still serving in the military. 

I'm having a hard time finding mom groups where I am from. It sucks, so I feel you on not having anyone to hang out with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi and welcome to the board!  I have a DD who will be 11 in September and is going into 6th grade/middle school next year.  My son will be 7 at the end of the summer, and he'll be starting first grade.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!   I have a 6 year boy starting 1st grade in Sept and an almost 4 year old girl.     This board is a bit slow.   Parenting is also a nice board. 
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Thanks for the welcome ladies!!!
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"