Upstate NY Babies
Options

EmilieM

I am new to this board, and heard you are a doula that lives in Syracuse. Both of these things are very exciting to me Smile We are going to start TTC in August, so I am thinking of options ahead of time. I had a c-section w/ DS and would love to try for a VBAC for my next. My dr told me he would entertain the thought, but doesn't seem to be incredibly VBAC friendly. My question is, can you recommend any VBAC friendly OB's in the Syracuse area? I have heard horror stories as well of supposed VBAC-friendly doc's being all gung-ho about a patients planned VBAC, and then changing their mind at the last minute. I dread things like this. So I guess I'm looking for a doc with alot of VBAC experience that will actually encourage me to have a VBAC! I don't even know if such a dr exists in our area. I would love your input thought! TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EmilieM

• Options
    Hey! I have super limited Internet on my iPod right now because I am at a same day surgery center with DH (he just had sinus surgery). I will actually respond to your questions later tonight, just wanted to let you know I saw the page :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok, hope his surgery goes well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, so here is what I know: Dr. Neulander and his practice are vbac friendly and very low intervention, but about a yr ago he had some issues with excellus, and I'm not sure what's going on with that.  But he was the doctor in this article: https://blog.syracuse.com/family/2008/06/crouse_hospital_has_its_first.html and the mom in the article was a doula in syracuse for a while.

I think CNY OB/GYN (Dr. Marotta and Dr. Libertore) are vbac friendly.

I have been sort of out of touch with birth stuff recently because I started a new job working with teen moms, but I know that if you call Chris Goldman at the Doulas of CNY, she will give you OB recommendations.   

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have read about Dr. Neulander, and I will check out those other docs too. I will have to get in touch with Chris as well, it seems like she could give me some good info. Thank you so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"