New to The Bump

TTC #1

Me and my husband having been married a year now and have been together 7 yrs. This will be the 10th cycle that we have been trying. My husband has been tested and everything came back normal. I had a pelvic US (vaginal and regular) and everything looked normal and healthy. Our doctor told us to just keep trying. This whole journey has been an emotional roller coaster. Some months I am absolutly fine, thinking this is God's plan and there is a reason I am waiting and other months my heart breaks and all I wanna do is cry. I want to be a mom so bad and its painful to think that I may never get to experience the feel of our baby moving inside me or see my husband hold my belly in his hands and marvell over our baby. I know that some people try much longer and then one day it just happens and I know that could be the same here, but when its you that is experiencing it you cant help but to mentally prepare for the worst. You try not to get excited every month but at the same time try not losing hope. We have tried everything under the moon and back and I feel now that its GOD's time NOT mine so no matter what I do I just have to wait on the Lord. I know lots of people have been through the same thing so if anyone has any success stories, please share. Thanks!

Re: TTC #1

• I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time, TTC can be very stressful. 

I'm glad you're talking with your Dr about this, but he's correct in saying to just keep trying. It can take a normal healthy couple 1 year to conceive, not that you want to hear that. :) If you're over 35 Check back in with them sooner than later. 

I assume you're charting your BBT and CM since you've been at it for so long. If you aren't, go to fertilityfriend.com and read the tutorials. If you want more information you can pick up a copy of TCOYF at B&N or Borders, or Amazon will have it.

While you're waiting, try to do some new things to take your mind off TTC. Telling you to relax is pointless, but do try and incorporate some stress-relieving activities for the sake of your sanity. 

If in 2 months you haven't conceived, go back to your Dr and talk again.

I'm sorry this isn't going as smoothly as you would have liked, but hang in there! GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Hang in there and check in with your dr.

What are you doing in terms of "everything under the sun"? Are you charting?

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys. I have tried ovualtion test, everyother day, everyday, robitusin, proping your butt up, laying there forever. I havent taken my temp since I was doing ovualtion test. I was more stressed about it before but now im kinda numb to it so i dont get as upset since i cant change anything, however counting days is a habit now. We are only 25 yrs old and we both are healthy and within normal BMI. I know it can take a while but its so frustrating. :) THanks for the encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"