Pittsburgh Babies

Looking for an OB/gyn

Hello All,

This is my first post, I'm just looking for a recommendation on an OB/gyn.  I currently go to Western Penn Associates in Greentree.  I live in Robinson, PA and need some opinions on other options.  

Is there anyone that goes to a smaller practice, with less doctors?  I don't really like having to see 6 different doctors and have to explain every month who I am and my history.  Also, they have 5 different offices so its almost impossible to schedule appointments to see my regular doctor.  

Thanks for any help you have.

Re: Looking for an OB/gyn

• I go to Magee Womanscare in Greentree. I love them. There are only 3 doctors in that office so its pretty easy to get the same doctor. I also had to go more often because of twins but they are all usually there atleast one day a week.

I know that for delivery they shared on call with the Bethel Park office, cause I was a nervous wreck someone who didnt know me would deliver them , but I made it to scheduled csection so I was able to have the Doctor I wanted deliver them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to the Midwife Center in the strip.  Not sure if a midwife is something you are looking for, but they are amazing!  I wouldn't trade them for any ob/gyn anywhere.  It's all about me and the baby and what I want from my pregnancy and birth (all while making sure everyone is as safe as possible).  They also have much lower c-section rates, premature rates and unweight baby rates than the national average.  You can check them out at www.midwifecenter.org.  They have an orientation class for free every Tuesday night if you are looking for more info without committing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh gosh -- forget what you're doing!!   Start going to Magee Womencare Associates.   They are the best and have 6 doctors that will potentially deliver your baby, but I see the same doctor every time... and since this is only kid #1 of (god-willing) 4, my doc is young enough to see me thru all 4.... simply the best!  (Dr. Tatineni)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"