Multiples

Stretchmarks

Ok, give it to me straight girls. When did they rear their ugly heads?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stretchmarks

• Mine showed up a few weeks after giving birth -- you're never really safe!  Thankfully I just have a few little ones on my butt and nowhere else, but I would trade away my girls' NICU time for a lot more stretchmarks.  If you get stretchmarks towards the end of the third trimester, count yourself blessed :)
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Never got them, but my body sucked in other ways since the girls were born at 32 weeks. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had some on my sides at around 30 weeks I'd say. Then in the last week or so I noticed there are a ton of white ones on my belly, by my belly button. Sad I'm guessing they will get red/purple after my stomach deflates next week.
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never got them either, but I only made it 34.5w.  Who knows what would have happened that last month.
  • mine barely started showing around 30w.  It was hard for me to tell what they were, at first i thought it was just veins, but when i looked at them at a certain angle i noticed that they were stretch marks.  they weren't so bad.  i think they've gotten worse and bigger in the past few weeks though.  oh well.  I guess I won't be on the cover of SI next year, darn!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I didn't even have a hint of stretchmarks until this week (31 weeks). Now it looks like the left side of my belly got in a fight with Freddy Kruger. So Awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made it to 33 weeks with no stretch marks and then boom they exploded out from my belly button.  I don't have any anywhere else, except right around my belly button.  I call it my cantaloupe belly, because they remind me of the outside of a cantaloupe and take up about that much space.  Everyone told me throughout my pregnancy that I didn't look pregnant from behind, I guess that is why all of the stretch marks are on the front :)
  • Mine showed up about 28 weeks I think it was. They started getting darker progressively each week. cream d?dn't help :(
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got a couple the week I delivered (at 37 weeks), but they mostly showed up after delivery.
    imageimage
  • Starting around 30w I got a few tiny ones around my belly button. They got progressively more 'stretchy' the bigger I got. I delivered at 37w. Now they're so faint that they're hardly even noticeable.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member
    At 27ish weeks, I just had a few where my bigger baby was.  They got worse as things progressed.  By 7.5m PP they are almost entirely faded.  Part of that is time and part of that is Mederma Stretch Mark Cream (well, the cheapy Walgreens version). 
  • Mine started about 25w.  Mine are BAD.  Like really bad.  My whole belly is pretty rough looking these days.  In the last weeks of my pg, my skin started to crack open because it couldn't stretch anymore.  It hurt.  Thank goodness for spanks (and the like).  I think mine is an extreme case though.  I know lots of twin moms who just have a few or some even got out with NONE!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got some with older DD so the new ones from the twins showed up around 33 weeks.  They are horizontal and between by boobs and belly button... so weird cause all the others went vertically..lol
  • I noticed mine a week ago - so right around 29 weeks
  • Didn't show until after delivery....looks like someone to a white sharpie to my entire mid section...gross!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've actually noticed a few (like 2) very light ones on the underside of my belly (at 19 weeks). But I also started out a little chubby, so that might be part of it (a womanly 10/12 - evenly distributed between belly and boobs). I figured I'd get them eventually because I got some when I filled out in junior high. It was a big shock at the time.
  • Three days before I delivered! (Grrr). By that time I had thought I was in the clear and not going to get stretch marks, but like a PP said, you're never really safe.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers]
  • I never got any, so there is hope!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never got any!!!  I made it to my csection 37 weeks 4 days!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only have one that goes from the top of my belly button to the bottom of my belly button....I delivered at 34 weeks and probably noticed it around 32 weeks.
    TTC #1 since November 2007 Dx-Unexplained Infertility 10/08 Clomid and TI #1=BFN 11/08 Clomid and TI#2=BFP...Twins, MC due to ectopic 5/09 Clomid and TI#3=BFN 6/09 IUI and clomid #1=BFN 8/09 Lap=No Endo 10/09 IUI + Repronex + Pregnyl = BFN 09/10 IVF #1. Repronex, ganorelix and pregnyl=BFP!! Beta #1 10/1/10 450 Beta #2 10/7/10 over 5,000 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKimmy08:
    Never got them, but my body sucked in other ways since the girls were born at 32 weeks. :)

Ha!  Ditto this exactly.

ETA: whoops, except take out "the girls" and put in "the boys". :)

• I had my girls at 36w3d and I never got any stretch marks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not until the last few weeks and I only got TWO!! I call them Abby & Emily :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Mine are AWFUL. They started at 20 weeks (they just grew from my old ones)..My belly will never be sexy again :( Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"