August Birth Story... I know I'm late! — The Bump
Birth Stories

August Birth Story... I know I'm late!

So I know I'm late on this, but I am new to the bump, so I'm deciding to post it anyway :) First things first, I am 21 years old, about 5'2, and I was 110 pre pregnancy. Right before I delivered, I was 146 lbs. A couple days before I delivered, I asked my OB how big she thought Lucas would be, she said, "Oh, you're so tiny, I'd say probably 6-7 lbs" Little did she know....

I was scheduled to be induced at 9:00am on a Friday morning. I was 80% effaced and 3cm dilated when we went in. My fiance and I got there a bit early, sat in the waiting room for a while until they finally called us back. I was put in a Labor & Delivery room for about 10 minutes until the nurse came in and said they had 4 women come in with their water broken, so they'd have to move me in a different room because these women took priority over me. So, no big deal. When I was moved in the other room, I told my nurse that it wasn't anything urgent or extreme, but I was having slight back pains. She hooked me up to the monitor, and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. No pitocin for me :)

They then transfered me BACK to L&D room where I had gone from 3cm-5cm in a matter of about a half hour. The doctor came in and broke my water for me. About 15 minutes after she broke my water, my contractions were SO bad, that I got the epidural. Labor was cake after that.. well, not really! So I got to 10cm pretty quickly, about an hour and a half after she broke my water. They told me it was time to push. At first I had NO idea what I was doing, if I was doing it right, etc. But after a few pushes, I got the hang of it. When Lucas' head was finally out, my doctor struggled to pull him out, and as she was doing so, she said "OMG, HE'S HUGE!" He ended up weighing 9 lbs 14 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Yes, that BIG BOY came out of my LITTLE BODY!

Once he was here and the nurses took him, I was getting stitched up, but my doctor was getting worried because I was loosing a lot of blood and they couldn't get the bleeding to stop. They gave me a shot in each leg (I forget what it was), and when that didn't work, they gave me a third shot. By the third shot, I felt to sick that I didn't even want to hold Lucas. It was terrible :( I ended up being VERY sick all day/night and didn't get to see his first bath, breast feed him until the next morning, or even hold him because I was so sick. It was awful!

I am so thankful I had a healthy baby and that I was healthy through my pregnancy and afterward. It's such a blessing to have a healthy baby and I thank God every day for it. I know my delivery could have been better/could have been worse. But overall, it was the greatest thing I've ever experienced and I wouldn't change a thing for the world!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: August Birth Story... I know I'm late!

• Aw, thank you for sharing!

I'm 105 pre preg weight and i'm 5'2 and i'm up to 145 lbs now.  I'm so worried that this little girl is going to be big!  My mom said that both my brother and i were 8.5 lbs....but the doc (same as yours) keeps saying, she'll be a tiny little girl. 

UGH. 

Again, thanks for sharing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards