Minnesota Babies
Options

Airport Question

I am flying out tomorrow and wondering about security. I haven't been to the big terminal pregnant yet and not sure if I am supposed to go through the new scanners. Anyone had any idea on what I do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Airport Question

• Options
    The TSA says it's perfectly safe. If you feel otherwise, then just ask for the patdown... it's really not that bad. I went through the scanner last month and we're just fine. I think if you traveled all the time, I would feel differently.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Fuzzy - I went through the scanners too after feeling silly asking at the doctor's office the week before :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The regular scanners that you have to walk-through should be fine.  I would be nervous about the radiation from the full body scanners while pg.  But like pp said, you can request a pat down.  As far as I know, people are picked at random to have the full body scanners or the pat downs.  So you might not have to worry about it.  They are only at a few select airports too, I'm not quite sure if they have them here.  I've only traveled once since they came out, and we went through the Humphrey terminal and they didn't have them there.
    Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagepreg_amy:
    The regular scanners that you have to walk-through should be fine.  I would be nervous about the radiation from the full body scanners while pg.  But like pp said, you can request a pat down.  As far as I know, people are picked at random to have the full body scanners or the pat downs.  So you might not have to worry about it.  They are only at a few select airports too, I'm not quite sure if they have them here.  I've only traveled once since they came out, and we went through the Humphrey terminal and they didn't have them there.

They've got them at Terminal 1. :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"