South Florida Babies

HELP I NEED A PLACE TO HOST MY BABY SHOWER Miami Area

I HAVE AROUND 65 PEOPLE COMING TO A BABY SHOWER AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO HOST THE PARTY I LIVE IN SOUTH MIAMI. ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS TO HELP ME OUT, PLEASE :) I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

THANKS

KATHY

Re: HELP I NEED A PLACE TO HOST MY BABY SHOWER Miami Area

• We did a brunch for my first baby shower at the 94th aero squadron for about 70-75 ppl.  It was very nice and the food was very good.

• We love having baby showers at our store.   If Palm Beach Gardens is not too far for you, please contact us.

We can plan the entire event with our in-house event planner.   Or, you can plan your own.     It is your wonderful event, so we work with you.

Palm Beach Tots    www.PalmBeachTots.com

https://www.facebook.com/palmbeachtots

• Loading the player...
  • Town in South Miami

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePalm Beach Tots:

We love having baby showers at our store.   If Palm Beach Gardens is not too far for you, please contact us.

We can plan the entire event with our in-house event planner.   Or, you can plan your own.     It is your wonderful event, so we work with you.

She lives in South Miami and you recommend a place in PBG? And you're advertising.  

image image

• I like Perricone's near brickell, also Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne
    image image

• I had mine in Perriccone's in brickell and it was awesome! I had about 50 people
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagePalm Beach Tots:

We love having baby showers at our store.   If Palm Beach Gardens is not too far for you, please contact us.

The Bump Community Rules

Posted Monday, February 22, 2010 12:06 PM 

No soliciting.
    There are some incredibly talented bumpies in our community with great ideas, but our boards are here for members to share ideas and hold discussions without feeling like they are being bombarded by promotions and solicitations.  This applies to all sorts of businesses - photographers, daycares, graphic designers, Etsy shops, etc... 

-No posts about your business
    -If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours
    -In your signature, you cannot mention your business whatsoever, or link to it.  You can link to your personal blog if you have one.  If your personal blog has a link to your Etsy store, we are ok with that. However, please do not list items and their prices on your personal blog, essentially creating an extension of your store.

If you are unsure about what's allowed (this can be confusing), just follow one general rule:other members should not be able to guess that you are a vendor of any sort.   

• did you mean like a ballroom or an event venue in south miami. I juts recently moved to this area, so i am not familiar with everything around here. let me know the exact name i will  be more than happy to check it out..
  • I have been to perricones it really look so-so wasn't my first choice :/ and they don't offer linens in their tables it kind of look weird. they walked me to the backroom and the middle room. and their prices were very reasonable. not bad $22.95

I have been to 94aero squadron then again, i wantted to try something different. their food quality is declining they need to update that place.

I also visited these venues: Dolores lolita, Crazy about you, Coral Gables Country Club, Biltmore, Novecento, parrot jungle, Coconut Groove Women's Club, but all these are either way to expensive or not very pretty for a baby shower venue :/

Gosh why in a recession people are going to raise their prices it is incredible, i don't know how people are booking events at these places. i am still waiting on quotes from the peackcock cafe in the groove and some others.

Thank you for your input and support. I am still looking and will share my finding with you; that way people won't have to go through what I went through;

• imagekmartinez01:

I have been to perricones it really look so-so wasn't my first choice :/ and they don't offer linens in their tables it kind of look weird. they walked me to the backroom and the middle room. and their prices were very reasonable. not bad $22.95

I have been to 94aero squadron then again, i wantted to try something different. their food quality is declining they need to update that place.

I also visited these venues: Dolores lolita, Crazy about you, Coral Gables Country Club, Biltmore, Novecento, parrot jungle, Coconut Groove Women's Club, but all these are either way to expensive or not very pretty for a baby shower venue :/

Gosh why in a recession people are going to raise their prices it is incredible, i don't know how people are booking events at these places. i am still waiting on quotes from the peackcock cafe in the groove and some others.

thank you for your input and support i am still looking and will share my finding that way people dont have to go through what i went through.

i just hosted a reception for my sister at perricone's...they do offer linens for the tables. the food was excellent, the staff was great, and the location was nice too.

my baby shower for dd was at 94th aerosquadron, again no complaints. food and service was awesome.

if your shower is for 60 ppl (or so) it will be expensive to do at a restaurant...you're looking at $25 a plate p/p. why not have it at your house/family member's house? my baby shower for my son was at a family member's house and i loved it, it was much more personal & comfortable.  

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes perricones offers linens but at a charge :/ . I mean some places you dont really need linens but for their tables it is a must. I think from what I remeber her saying linens were $2 a rental  that puts me already at $25. In regards to my house I wish i can host a party here i would have my mother cook lol (i am evil, but she is a great cook) and my sister in law is studying to be a chef but i would feel someone would call the fire marshall on us, very smalllllllll home :).

I think my second child will be at my house, the problem is that i am having a dual baby shower for my cousin and myself which doubles our number, she lives in tampa and she is having her baby shower here in miami, with her mother's side of the family.

Defently, i will keep looking i PROMISE everyone this will be the most detail list of venus w/ my reviews including cakes if necessary :). hopefully it will help other expecting moms decide or eliminate venus to host their baby shower.

• AlbahAlbah member

Here are a few ballroom options if this is what you are looking for:

1.) St. Raymond's Reception Hall    https://www.straymond.info/parish_hall/@parish_hall.htm

I am not a fan of church reception halls but this place was such a pleasant surprise when I went for a wedding. If I recall, it has wooden/laminated floors so it is very nice and adapts well for any event in my opinion.

2. Cocoplum Women's Club =  https://thecocoplum.com/

I am particularly fond of this location as we were married there!

3. Renaissance Ballrooms = www.renaissanceatthegables.com/

There are 2 locations - A friend of mine had her baby shower at the location in West Miami (SW 8th Street) and it came out very nice. I am not a huge fan of the carpet but when all the tables are in place it is not so noticeable. ;)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I just did my baby's baptism reception at Town Kitchen and Bar in South Miami. The food is delicious and their lunch menus start at $15 pp.

For my shower, my cousins hosted it at my house.  However, we had just moved in so there wasnt much furniture and tons of space.  The food was from Trattoria Sole (also in south Miami) and they have very reasonable delivery trays that serve up to 20 ppl each.

HTH! 

• imagekmartinez01:

I have been to perricones it really look so-so wasn't my first choice :/ and they don't offer linens in their tables it kind of look weird. they walked me to the backroom and the middle room. and their prices were very reasonable. not bad $22.95

Thank you for your input and support. I am still looking and will share my finding with you; that way people won't have to go through what I went through;

I couldn't agree with you more!  When I was assisting with my shower planning, no one was cutting us a break... and we had a guest list of 90+!  We ended up doing it at Rusty Pelican.  I too wanted something different, but at the end of the day, all that mattered was that we were surrounded by loved ones celebrating my boys.

94 Aerosquadron is also very nice... had my bridal shower there. 

SIL had nephew's baptism reception at Town a few yrs ago, and it turned out very nice.  

We had our sons' baptism reception at the Falls Los Ranchos, and they were the most accommodating overall... gave us great pricing, and allowed us to bring our own wine for a minimal corkage fee (dh is a wine distributor). 

Other option I was considering was a condo clubhouse... do you know of anyone that lives in a condo that has a social room they can rent out?  Makes the event more intimate IMO and casual. 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"