Trying to Get Pregnant

What grosses you out?

I can't stand my FIL's beard..... It's not just a beard, but the whole, mustache/beard thing he has going on. Its not like a long Santa Clause beard, but more like an inch thick.  We go to their house for spaghetti every wednesday, and he always ends up with little sauce dropletts on his 'stache and it grosses me out!  Then whenever we go to leave, he gives me a kiss and it just feels so gross! I have already told my H that I would prefer it if he never has a beard!  What grosses you out?

Re: What grosses you out?

• Feet, I really hate feet.  I'm an RN and thank God I have a desk job so I don't have to deal with other peoples' feet!  Nasty..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Mold. It terrifies me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...

Milk... Lactose Intolerant... and I hate it. 

I totally agree with you on the 'stache.  

Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • lycihlycih member

imageminiray:
    Feet, I really hate feet.  I'm an RN and thank God I have a desk job so I don't have to deal with other peoples' feet!  Nasty..

I'm 100% with you on this.  I don't like feet at all.  I don't even like my own feet or people touching my feet.  This includes my husband and getting pedicures; don't touch my feet.

I will admit that baby feet are cute, though.  Stick out tongue

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• imagelycih:

imageminiray:
    Feet, I really hate feet.  I'm an RN and thank God I have a desk job so I don't have to deal with other peoples' feet!  Nasty..

I'm 100% with you on this.  I don't like feet at all.  I don't even like my own feet or people touching my feet.  This includes my husband and getting pedicures; don't touch my feet.

Ditto. I won't get pedicures unless I absolutely have to, and even then I dislike almost every minute (except the hot stone massage and the salt scrub). People think I'm a weirdo or an abomination. I don't understand why anyone would want to get a job where they have to clip, trim, and clean peoples' feet all day. That sounds like my personal nightmare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • sekurasekura member
    imageSandNSurf:

Yes  I'm not lactose intolerant, but I find non-organic milk gross.  I'm not a hippie-enviro-organic type, but all the stuff that is done to the cows and what ends up in the milk is just disgusting.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Spit....saliva.....of any kind! I cannot stand spit! I can't handle hearing someone spit, or "hocking a loogie"(sp?)! Makes for a little bit of a problem with the DH....kissing with tounge=not something I enjoy! Yes, even baby drool....it grosses me out! I can handle vomit, poo and blood.....but NO SPIT Ick!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • salt78salt78 member

Bird poop.

I can't deal with it. It has to be gone immediately from my car and I will gag the entire time I'm washing it off.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • honestly, creamy cervical mucus! For some reason it totally grosses me out, and I seem to have lots of it (and little of the EW variety).

Good thread!

• Eww....that 'stache story grosses me out!

History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
  • 2 things-

The first is listening to people eat. I'm talking about the person you can hear smacking on their food from 3 desks away. OMG this drives me bat$hit crazy!

The other is the pools of water that seem to form around the sidewalks in NYC after rain/street cleaning, etc. In the summer these puddles smell absolutely disgusting. Words can't even describe the stench. It's like old garbage mixed with baby poop (which in fact is probably homeless man poop now that I think about it).

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• salt78salt78 member
    imageannerz22:

The other is the pools of water that seem to form around the sidewalks in NYC after rain/street cleaning, etc. In the summer these puddles smell absolutely disgusting. Words can't even describe the stench. It's like old garbage mixed with baby poop (which in fact is probably homeless man poop now that I think about it).

I know these disgusting puddles you speak of. Vom.

• imagelycih:

imageminiray:

I will admit that baby feet are cute, thoughStick out tongue

This 100%!!! DH thinks it is funny to try to touch my feet, or put his feet on me...not funny DH, not funny at all!

• Oh that woould gross me out too with the sauce on the 'stache

The thing that grosses me out is when people pick their nose with their finger and also when people do not wash or sanitize their hands after using the restroom.

First of all there are tissues if you need to pick your nose, it happens to the best of us but please please use a tissue not your finger...yuck

Second if you use the bathroom and do not wash your hands I will let you know about it.  At work we have liquid soap, sanitizer, and bacterial foam soap so there is NO EXCUSE.  At leaset throw some water on your hands people.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Rats, squirrels, and pigeons.  Disgusting, disease-carrying vermin.  Don't even get me started on the DC tourists that feed them (at least the squirrels and pigeons).  Ugh.
  • imageminiray:

I'm glad to see that so many other people hate feet.  I HATE them, especially mine.  All feet look like deformed monkey hands to me, and especially when they are in socks.  Mine are extra disgusting because I have bunions.

These days, meat grosses me out.  I have been vegetarian for over 10 years now, but meat never used to really disgust me.  I missed eating it sometimes.  But that all changed about a year ago - something changed with my hormones a year ago and I get more nauseous now than I ever did before.  Now just looking at raw meat or touching it (to buy in the grocery store for MH) makes me want to hurl.

• imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagelycih:

imageminiray:

Ditto. I won't get pedicures unless I absolutely have to, and even then I dislike almost every minute (except the hot stone massage and the salt scrub). People think I'm a weirdo or an abomination. I don't understand why anyone would want to get a job where they have to clip, trim, and clean peoples' feet all day. That sounds like my personal nightmare.

I'm with you all on feet. Don't touch mine and don't put yours near me.Ick!

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Dirty finer nails.. like when you can see dirt underneath a nail.  I know something your fingers get dirty, but wash/clean under your nails.

Also, something that grosses me out that has to do with young kids is when their faces have dried snot and dirt all over it.  I also know it happens, but clean their face before going somewhere please.  (Watch, I will end up with a LO with a dirty face all the time.  haha.)

• imageCholzmei:
      These days, meat grosses me out.  I have been vegetarian for over 10 years now, but meat never used to really disgust me.  I missed eating it sometimes.  But that all changed about a year ago - something changed with my hormones a year ago and I get more nauseous now than I ever did before.  Now just looking at raw meat or touching it (to buy in the grocery store for MH) makes me want to hurl.

I don't have this problem with meat, but I completely know what you mean.  About a year ago I stopped being able to eat scrambled eggs.  They used to be my go-to easy dinner, and now I cannot stand the texture, the umbilical cord nonsense, ugh.  They totally gross me out.

• lycihlycih member
    imageRvnsgrl81:
    imagelycih:

imageminiray:

I will admit that baby feet are cute, thoughStick out tongue

This 100%!!! DH thinks it is funny to try to touch my feet, or put his feet on me...not funny DH, not funny at all!

Sometimes if I'm sleeping and my feet are sticking out of the blankets, MH will walk by and pinch a toe.  And I will immediately launch awake enraged.  I agree: not funny DH, not funny at all...

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• lycihlycih member
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagelycih:

imageminiray:

Honestly, this is my least favorite part about being a bridesmaid. 
    Forced pedicures. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Mash67Mash67 member
    Ugh!!  Dirty Finger nails BUG the heck out of me!!  I work for the Jail and deal with GROSS people all day and I would say 90% of them have NASTY fingernails.. or Men with Long finger nails... that Creeps me out to no end!
  • imageMash67:
    Men with Long finger nails... that Creeps me out to no end!

Yuck yuck yuck!  I agree 100%.  It makes me think of Nosferatu

• Probably going too far with this, but... pubes on the back of the toilet. Grosses me the fvck out. Helpful if I'm hung over and trying to force myself to yack though...
    "Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • The words "congeal" and "moist."  Also, MH does this thing where when he's in the shower, he blows his nose into his hand.  Like, because he's in the shower anyway, he just uses his hand like a tissue and then rinses it off.  I'm sorry, but just because you're in the shower does not give you license to just be nasty in there!  I mean, I don't poop or pee in the shower just because I'm going to get washed off anyway, you know.  I tell him I can't stand it but then he points out all my nastiness (and there's a lot of it).  Embarrassed
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• When DH doesnt throw bandaids he takes off away. The sight of a used bandaid makes me want to vomit, even if there isnt blood on it.
  • ccamccam member
    Other people's feet..... I can't stand seeing them. Mine are ok, but even DHs feet are nasty.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• imageannerz22:

2 things-

The first is listening to people eat. I'm talking about the person you can hear smacking on their food from 3 desks away. OMG this drives me bat$hit crazy!

Yes!! I am with you on the mouth noises thing!  Ugh!  But its not just when eating, some ppl make terrible mouth noises when talking.  I listen to NPR and some of the people on those shows make the most horriffic (sp?) mouth clicks.... Ewe

• imageSandNSurf:

Ugh, I hate milk. When I worked in a nursing home, I always needed to put gloves on before I touched the milk containers. UGH!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Roaches and pigeons - yuck. In Venice, in St. Mark's Square, people let those nasty disease-ridden birds climb all over them. Vom! Also, my MIL -whenever she gets sick, she hacks up a lung without covering her mouth, so her nasty germs get all over you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageannerz22:

2 things-

I agree with both of these!! Ick!

• hair in a drain

food that is wet in a sink

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

• Going to bed without a shower, blech. I've never understood people who don't take showers at night. How can someone go through the whole day and then sleep well without washing all the germs that get on you throughout the day? Morning showers are a foreign species to me!

And also watching people get nose jobs or face lifts on tv. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePeanut2929:
    The words "congeal" and "moist."  Also, MH does this thing where when he's in the shower, he blows his nose into his hand.  Like, because he's in the shower anyway, he just uses his hand like a tissue and then rinses it off.  I'm sorry, but just because you're in the shower does not give you license to just be nasty in there!  I mean, I don't poop or pee in the shower just because I'm going to get washed off anyway, you know.  I tell him I can't stand it but then he points out all my nastiness (and there's a lot of it).  Embarrassed

This! I am actually so thankful my hubby is not the only one that does that and it grosses me out to no end. I just don't understand it, there is a box of tissues right next to the shower!! 

TTC since Nov 2010 now moving on to Foster-Adopt! All welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"