LGBT Parenting

New bump member!

Im new to the Bump. Me and my partner have been trying to 2 years on and off. We have been using the same known donor and it either didnt work or we miscarried twice. I just finished my first cycle of femara and will "O" this weekend. We are trying with another donor and if its doesnt work this month we will be moving on to IUI. I have no blockage and I dont have PCOS. Everything is fine and the only reason I am on femara is because I want to have twins and since I had 2 miscarriages my doc says it may help the pregnancy stick and to take baby asprin. My fingers are crossed we are so ready to become parents. Even though we are young I am 21 and partner is 20. We are tired of the disappointment and everyone around us have at least one child if not working on #3. So I wish everyone luck and congrats if you are already parents. Our day will come soon I can feel it!
Trying to Conceive Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New bump member!

• I feel your pain! My wife and I tried for almost 3 years, I did countless IUIs, IVF, Injections everything that you could think of we tried with no success. Finally after trying month after month we took a break from the fertility clinic. A month after that an opportunity came up for a known donor and 3 months of at home IUI's I was pregant. I dont know what finally clicked but I am thankful to finally have our beautiful baby boy. I could say hang in there, It will happen, everything happens for a reason, your day will come, all of the stuff that I am sure you have heard before but I know that doesn't really help. So I would just like to say that I am thinking of you and praying you get your miracle soon. Sending you tons of baby dust!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks that really means a lot to me. Im trying to keep a positiv attitude about it now. I have been through some rough times thinking it will never happen but I know it will happen when I least expect it but its hard when your in a same sex relationship its not like you can just have sex and pop up preggo unexpectedly you have to plan everything out to a tee. Im tryin my best not to stress this cycle and let things run its course. Did you use opks and how did you do IUI at home?
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Welcome to the board-- there are lots of very helpful and knowledgeable folks on here!

I hope your doc is doing some good, close monitoring. (Does he know you are trying for twins? I thought they discouraged things like that. Since you say you had two cycles that "either didn't work or [you] miscarried twice" is he assuming you miscarried and prescribing the meds on that basis? Does he know you aren't certain whether or not you were pregnant to begin with?)

Not to be a downer, but you should be aware that a twin pregnancy can be much more difficult than a singleton-- as my OB said "bodies are built for carrying one baby, not two." The risks of pre-term labor, pre-e, having preemies (which has both immediate and long-term implications), etc are all higher. And things are (IMHO) more than twice as hard once the babies arrive. And I won't even go into the financial ramifications of having twins. I love my kids and am very grateful to have them, of course, but it's not always smooth sailing.

Best wishes for you, however things work out! Smile

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • imagethiswillbe:

Welcome to the board-- there are lots of very helpful and knowledgeable folks on here!

I hope your doc is doing some good, close monitoring. (Does he know you are trying for twins? I thought they discouraged things like that. Since you say you had two cycles that "either didn't work or [you] miscarried twice" is he assuming you miscarried and prescribing the meds on that basis? Does he know you aren't certain whether or not you were pregnant to begin with?)

Not to be a downer, but you should be aware that a twin pregnancy can be much more difficult than a singleton-- as my OB said "bodies are built for carrying one baby, not two." The risks of pre-term labor, pre-e, having preemies (which has both immediate and long-term implications), etc are all higher. And things are (IMHO) more than twice as hard once the babies arrive. And I won't even go into the financial ramifications of having twins. I love my kids and am very grateful to have them, of course, but it's not always smooth sailing.

Best wishes for you, however things work out! Smile

You're too good.  From her other posts I've gathered that she is only on Femara because she wants twins.  She has stated that although she hasn't had any testing done she knows there is no blockage and no PCOS.  Her doc gave her a prescription for both clomid and femera and she chose femera because she "heard clomid didn't work as well."  She is not being monitored.  Sounds to me like a cluster fvck of a situation starting with a doctor that isn't guiding his/her patient very well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • where is the clapping icon?

Sometimes I think there should be a program where people who want twins have to hang out with twins for a few days. It isn't all cuteness and rainbows. And the divorce/breakup rate for parents of multiples is very high. Just something to consider.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Good Luck on your quest.  I hope that this time works out for you.

I am going to have to agree here, I would make sure that your doctor is doing some serious monitoring, because trying to have twins, at least where I am, is a little avoided.  Well, besides the donation of sperm and eggs at a clinic then implanted.  Either way, be careful, good luck, and really stop stressing, it doesn't help the situation, no matter what medicines you take. *wink*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image2brides:

where is the clapping icon?

Sometimes I think there should be a program where people who want twins have to hang out with twins for a few days. It isn't all cuteness and rainbows. And the divorce/breakup rate for parents of multiples is very high. Just something to consider.

THIS THIS THIS ... Ours are not even here yet .. But OH MY GOSH if i can go back with all the complicatiions and scares we have had I tell Dr. to only transfer one!  ( i hope that does not sound bad I am very happy  with two  but it has not been all cutness and rainbows)

Melanie is a trooper and was doing great then the BIG 20 week scare and now now she is  MISERABLE ... I know we will love these babies no matter what but there is some serious scary that comes with it just in the 1st 9 months and honestly I am a lil nervous about 2 now and nervouse about how it will be with them once they are born ... ... we shall see!!!

- J 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Thank you Two.

You said that a lot more elequently than I would have.

• We have spoken about it and yes we really do want TWINS. It would be stupid not to think about the risks in carrying twins. I have spoken to my doc and we have discussed everything and I have asked all the questions. I had 2 miscarriages and the other months I didnt get pregnant when I was trying. I have had all the testing I needed done and everything is fine. If its what I want I shall get it and if I dont have twins and I just have one that will be a blessing but if I happen to have twins that will be a blessing too! Have a blessed day ladys!!!

• Oh my! I don't even have any words for this post. *shakes her head and walks away hoping this young woman has a healthy pregnancy*
  • imageTwo*True:

You're too good.  From her other posts I've gathered that she is only on Femara because she wants twins.  She has stated that although she hasn't had any testing done she knows there is no blockage and no PCOS.  Her doc gave her a prescription for both clomid and femera and she chose femera because she "heard clomid didn't work as well."  She is not being monitored.  Sounds to me like a cluster fvck of a situation starting with a doctor that isn't guiding his/her patient very well.

WHAT? I missed this all. I hope this is MUD Sad

• We did use ovualtion kits and spent alot of time charting. As for the IUI, I have a friend how works at a doctors office and she was able to get me kits that they use for AI. I have other friends who I believe ordered them online. From there I just would text my donor to let him know I was on my way to pick up the sample and then everything was pretty easy from theree. Good Luck!

• ::facepalm::
    Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"