Upstate NY Babies

Did you cut your dd's hair?

Sophia's bangs are soooo long.  If I am home in the morning I try to pull her hair back in a clip, ponytail or headband.   DH's doesn't do it so her hair is in her face.  DH thinks I should cut her bangs.  Then i wonder about her curls/mullet in the back.  Do you cut this or just let it grow out?

Re: Did you cut your dd's hair?

• Ya, we gave her bangs.  I originally wanted to grow it out so she didn't have to deal with bangs, but her hair is so crazy and curly it wasn't falling nicely.  My dad told me she looked homeless.  It looked fine when pulled back, but if she pulled it out it looked worse than ever.  And after a nasty cold, the hair was getting pasted on to the snot during naps, ewww.    I do think it looks so much better for kids to not have the hair in their face - whether by bangs or pulled back.
  • Well DD doesn't have enough hair in the front to even cut but she sure does have a mullet of curls in the back.  Sometimes I think I should cut them but I love her little curls.  Plus, we K finally sees her again after all of these months I want her to be able to see the little curls too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Eve's hair has never been cut. i HATE the look of bangs on a little girl.. and I do think it looks a bit like a mullet. Eve's hair definitely had an awkward phase where it hung in her phase and then another where it just kind of parted in the middle and looked goofy.. I just tried to put it in a ponytail as much as possible.  Now I like the way it looks long all over.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I pony tail B's hair.  I didn't care much for it at first, but now I am very attached to her little pony tail.  Her hair is just getting long enough now that it is going to the side.  I went back and forth whether for not to give her bangs.

Here is her pony tail:

Here she is without:

• I don't think the mullet looks bad on babies!

We did cut the back at the same time as the bangs....I didn't mention that.  It basically needed to be evened out.  It didn't look bad when dry bc it curled, but when wet, the one side was 2 inches longer than the other bc of the torticollis!

• DH wanted bangs (and still does). I refused b/c I was the girl with half a head of bangs until high school and it was a PITA to grow them out. So I dont want her to have to go through that. So she always has hers clipped to the side or in a ponytail-though lately she wont let me do one! But theres always a barette/bow of some sort in her hair holding it out of her face.
  • Forgot to add that we did get her haircut when she was 18mos old-just to even the back out. She probably could use another one sometime in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"