Natural Birth
Options

Discouraged

One of my friends is all excited because his wife has an induction scheduled for tomorrow.  It's their first child and she'll only be 3 days past her due date.  Doesn't that seem a little early to be scheduling an induction? especially for a first time mom?  There is no medical reason for it either.  I am just a bit discouraged by the whole situation.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Discouraged

• Options
    It depends on how she is measuring and her Bishop score. I asked my doctor how lon he would let me go past my EDD and that is the answer I got. I've been measuring big for a while so I don't think they will let me go very far past.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get more frustrated and guarded when I hear things like this.  And I HATE to hear about what drs will let you do or make you do.  I've gotten to where I will literally just walk away from a conversation like that!  If I didn't I probably couldn't control how mad that makes me and would look like a nut. LOL I have co-workers and family who'll tell me about how the dr won't let me go long past my due date, they'll make me have an induction and I'll be home for Thanksgiving.  As if that's a good thing!!!  Confused
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aliskaaliska member

imagecottonlily84:
    I get more frustrated and guarded when I hear things like this.  And I HATE to hear about what drs will let you do or make you do.  I've gotten to where I will literally just walk away from a conversation like that!  If I didn't I probably couldn't control how mad that makes me and would look like a nut. LOL I have co-workers and family who'll tell me about how the dr won't let me go long past my due date, they'll make me have an induction and I'll be home for Thanksgiving.  As if that's a good thing!!!  Confused

This.  I know we don't always know the whole story about the person's health history...but seriously the "let you" and "make you" verbage pisses me off too.  It is my body...and if there is going to be any "letting" of anyone, it will be me "letting" you...not the otherway around.

www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't see why you should feel discouraged. It's her body and her baby, not yours and it certainly doesn't impact your personal birth plan.

You most likely don't have all the facts. My husband doesn't disclose all my medical needs to everybody, not even our friends. And even if there really is no medical need, if she's over it and wants the induction, that's her choice.

Just be happy for your friend and his wife :)

BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"