LGBT Parenting

Confused

Why are some members of this board so snarky and rude to new posters that are simply seeking advice on this board?
8x10 not just for walls I sport mine in my sig... imageimage No we are not together anymore the below is an old pic!!!so save all the jail jokes image

Re: Confused

• The lack of menfolk hath turned us into bitter old hags.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love you, Leapy.  Sometimes snark is justly deserved.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you look back and read past threads, we are really a very nice group of woman who are happy to answer questions when 1) they are written in a way that is understandable and 2) they don't just come out of the blue - introduce yourself, tell us about yourself, etc....just don't ask for advice about a situation we know nothing about.

And I can tell you that my biggest pet peeve is when posts are written in short hand (ie texting) and when it is one big run on sentence/paragraph. I am certainly not the grammar police, but reading that stuff makes my head hurt.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • agree with 2 - if you are old enough to be on a board with the name "parenting" in the name, then you are old enough to write correctly. We are not 12. If you want good information, then ask good questions in a good format.

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Maybe I missed a post, but I haven't seen any outright snarkiness on here in response to a new person seeking advice. If you are meaning hopefulmiracle11's thread, really I think people were quite nice considering the circumstances. Taking fertility drugs to up your chances of having multiples is irresponsible at best, and doing it without being monitored is just plain dangerous.

BTW, if you want to see something closer to actual snarkiness in response to someone wanting twins, check out this thread (which is actually a very tame example). There are many non-snarky responses on there too, so hopefulmiracle, if you're reading this, you might want to take a look too.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • imagethiswillbe:

Maybe I missed a post, but I haven't seen any outright snarkiness on here in response to a new person seeking advice. If you are meaning hopefulmiracle11's thread, really I think people were quite nice considering the circumstances. Taking fertility drugs to up your chances of having multiples is irresponsible at best, and doing it without being monitored is just plain dangerous.

BTW, if you want to see something closer to actual snarkiness in response to someone wanting twins, check out this thread (which is actually a very tame example). There are many non-snarky responses on there too, so hopefulmiracle, if you're reading this, you might want to take a look too.

Yes 

• Ladies, ladies, ladies don't you all know craftymama? She gets snarked all over these boards.  I'm certain it's just one of several AEs for her.  Leave it be and it will pass.  I take her calling us snarky as a compliment since she has sure seen her fair share.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"