Upstate NY Babies
Options

I'm not having great luck lately.

So some of you may have seen on FB that our washer broke the day after we came home from the hospital and started filling our house with melted plastic smelling smoke.. The repair man couldn't come until tomorrow.. so we've been without a washer almost a week with a newborn.. who spits up a LOT not to mention just the general mess of being post partum and leaking milk everywhere.

DH went back to work today.. and I came down with mastitis.. Polly warned me this might happen since my nipples were cracked open and suceptible to infection.. My right boob is KILLING me and i have a fever and a headache that I can't kick even with heavy duty motrin and chills. My ob called in a script for me.. so at least i have it and can hopefully start feeling better ASAP. I didn't have the energy to even flirt with my pharmacist boyfriend.

Luckily Eve is being a sweetheart.. she's pretty snuggly for once and Natalie has been pretty mellow too.. it would have been a really easy first day alone if it weren't for this..

DH was supposed to be done at 6pm today but of course he is still at work.. :(

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: I'm not having great luck lately.

• Options
    oh gosh, Melissa, that sounds terrible! Did you get your washer fixed? Glad Eve is being a good helper! I hope you feel better soon... and that DH gets home soon to help you out.
  • Options
    Yuck! I hope you feel better quick! I never had it, but heard horror stories from my old boss! Your babies must sense you don't feel well, it's great that Eve is being a good helper!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EJDIIIEJDIII member
    I'm so sorry you are going through this! I had mastitis and know how horrible you must feel... I can tell you that after I started the antibiotic I felt better in less than 48 hrs. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon. No fun I hear. I hope you get a good night sleep and tomorrow is better.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    Oh jeeze that's enough to make a sane woman crazy! I really hope your luck takes a turn for the better and you feel better soon!
  • Options
    oh that really is bad luck.  Mastitis is not fun.  I had it once with each boy.  With Pierce I felt like crying and literally was a zombie except to nurse and go back to bed (when DH was home of course and for the few hours that it was actually possible).  I remember feeling like I couldn't survive the day and wishing more than ever that my mom lived closer :(
  • Options

Oh no! You poor thing :(

I got mastitis the first day Nick went back to work after Paul was born. It was ROUGH. Charlie watched a lot of TV lol

I hope your washer is fixed soon & you are feeling better  

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    I'm sorry some things are so crappy right now.  If you washer can't be fixed asap, could your MIL take a load to the laundry mat or her house for you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good God....I hope things turn around soon!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  I hope that today is a better day for you.  Feel better soon!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    I hope today is a better day for you and you're feeling the relief from the medicine.  That sounds like an awful thing to go through, but I'm glad Eve has been such a great big sister.  ((HUGS))
  • Options
    i hope things get better for you soon!!
  • Options
    wow- that's lots to deal with all at once...I hope you get your washer fixed soon...
  • Options
    Oh no!  How are you feeling today?
  • Options

Oh Melissa you poor thing! I can't imagine! Could your Mom or DH's Mom come and help out for a day or so, just so you can get some rest? I have also been meaning to ask you how it went with Polly and if she was able to offer any suggestions that helped you.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dle927dle927 member
    Oh no!  I hope you're feeling better today. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"