North Carolina Babies

Keen sandals- stinky feet?

We got baby some keen sandals last Monday.  They frickin STINK... first noticed on Friday and didn't put him in them through weekend.  He wore them today/yesterday and took them off in my van and I thought I was going to gag the stink was so bad!

REI will take them back but the only other option is a Teva shoe that covers more of the foot than a traditional Teva.  Boys sandals are awful!  They make a ton of cute girls sandals that don't cover the ENTIRE foot, but the boys sandals everywhere just look hot!

If I keep the shoes, any suggestions to minimize the odor?  Thanks!!

Re: Keen sandals- stinky feet?

• I agree they do make stinky feet and I have washed E's twice and that helps a little (washed cold/gentle and air dry, they look good as new).  I don't have any other tricks for the in between. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does she wear them daily?  Daycare b!tched about the fisherman buckle sandals (leather sandals) that I previously put him in and its too hot for shoes/socks.  My mom said I need to get him a 2nd pair of shoes to wear every day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • She was wearing them daily but for a long time I put socks on with them (back before it was 90s every day) and I know that helped with the smell.  Yes, I know socks & sandals... but it worked out well.  I am also that mom who puts socks & sneakers on her when we go to the playground (even on 90 degree days) since she makes a fuss about mulch/etc getting in her sandals.  I've found a few pairs of Stride Rites that vent well and a pair of Chucks from Target that her feet don't seem to get too hot in.  Although she only wears the socks & shoes, or shoes at all, while we're out of the house and goes barefoot otherwise, so I know that's not overly helpful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • There is one of the Keen's that I've been able to find that doesn't cause the stinky feet...(my nephews all have the stinky feet kind) We have these and so far so good.
  • This is making me glad that we passed on the Keens last weekend!  It was between those and a pair of Teva sandals and so far no stinky feet with the Teva and he loves them.

ETA:  We went with the Teva because they were actually less bulky than the Keen sandals.  They were also easier to get on his feet.  We were at REI too so I bet we were looking at the same shoes.  We got these in the green color and they actually look really good on him.  https://www.rei.com/product/782030/teva-omnium-multisport-sandals-kids

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"