Military Families
Options

Bad luck is haunting us(whiny post)

So DH was here for a month to be here for delivery and to get some paperwork done. Well delivery worked out fine and we have a healthy baby girl which I am very thankful for. The sad part is that I dont know when she will see her Daddy again and I feel like there is noone out there who actually wants to help us.

The day before he left we went to the Embassy here in Germany to get a visa for me. Visa got denied and now we dont know what to do. His company wont put me on his orders because I am still in Germany and that is not the only thing they kind of screw us over with. We are not getting any BAH and in his record brief he is still listed as single.We cant use the WIC program, I have Tricare Standard and the hospital wants us to pay the bill in advance. Overall it?s just problems everywhere and I just cant believe how they treat us. I mean it?s not like we are asking them for money but things would be much easier on us if they?d put me on his orders. 

DH said our last choice is that he talks to a chaplain about our situation and asks for reassignment back to Germany. He said chaplains have more power than people think. I just hope it?s true because it really seems like our last straw.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image

Re: Bad luck is haunting us(whiny post)

• Options
    What branch are you? Theres no way your DH can go to DEERS to get you BAH? Im confused, are you not a US citizen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are Army and I am German. They denied BAH because he is stationed in the States but I am still in Germany.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ohhh I see....well he should still go to DEERS and change his martial status and get you listed on paper work, Im not sure how that works because of your status, but I cant imagine its much different. Once he does that he can start working on getting you 2 to the states. Being that hes military and he has a child, I know its much easier to get you guys to the states. Tell him to go to JAG on base and talk to them about the easiest way to get you guys to the states. But im pretty sure he will need to go to DEERS first to get you listed as his wife. 

DH inquired for his parents to do the same thing and some how there was a way because they were his parents to speed up the process or even if it was vice versa you being his wife and have the baby.

Im sorry I cant be more specific or help anymore, but dont worry, youll see him soon 

• Options
    I would definitely do more research, contact your DH's unit FRG...I think that's what the Army calls it...Because you guys are missing out on some kind of step...My husband's friend's wife is Swiss, and she is here with him in the U.S. and everything. I have never heard of the military denying citizenship to the wife of an American servicemember...especially when there is a child involved.
  • Options
    And it shouldn't matter where your spouse lives...He should be making BAH regardless, based on the rate of his station. Sounds like you guys don't have all the proper paperwork filed and sorted yet.
  • Options

imageMilitaryIssued:
    And it shouldn't matter where your spouse lives...He should be making BAH regardless, based on the rate of his station. Sounds like you guys don't have all the proper paperwork filed and sorted yet.

THIS!! Once he gets his paperwork changed and you are legally listed as his wife in DEERS there should be a reason why you cant get BAH. DD and I live in florida with family while DH is stationed, but we still get BAH. (hes deployed most of the time, and when hes not hes training on another post)  

He should speak to someone about getting the paperwork taken care of, this will make a worl of difference. I think militaryonesource.com should have some info on this

• Options
    Something isn't right here.  The OP stated she is receiving health coverage under Tricare Standard.  Therefore she must be listed in DEERS as his wife. 
  • Options
    Yes I am already in DEERS and so is DD. They still said we arent eligible to BAH and they wont command sponsor me because than they would have to pay for my move over there and they are broke. I know all they do to us is against regulation but DH already talked to legal on post and they told him they cant help him(legal is ran by his company as well).
  • Options
    1-OHA, not BAH.  Two very different entitlements.

2-If the SM does not have sufficient time to complete the ?with dependents? tour, he will not be approved for command sponsorship.  Also, CS is a favorable action.  If the SM is flagged, it will not be processed. 

3-You need to figure out WHY the Visa was denied. Perhaps the paperwork was not completed properly. Did YOU go with him to the embassy in Frankfurt?  The VISA process is not an overnight/instant approval.  It takes significant time.

4-SM is responsible for updating his records.  He should go to his S1 with his marriage certificate and have that done.

5-You CANNOT be placed on his orders just because you got married.  You said he was ?here for a month?.  Is he stationed elsewhere now?  If this is the case then the unit he was assigned to in Germany CANNOT process ANYTHING as he is no longer stationed here.  There are regulations that we have to follow when we process those actions. 

6-I am sorry to say, but your husband created this mess.  He should have squared all of this away.  What is going to happen is that he is going to pay out of pocket to ship HHG and you to his current duty station once your VISA gets fixed.

7-Sure, go talk with the Chaplain, but there really is not much that can be done if the regulation is being followed correctly.  All he can do is look into it and say what I have already told you.

My experience/knowledge:  Senior HR NCO (S1) currently stationed in Germany

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"