Secondary IF
Options

TTC#2 with Clomid - no response this time?

Hi- not sure if this is the right place for me...I also posted on SAIF.

I posted on TTTC few years ago a few times when I was trying to have my son (he?s 19 months now).  I have PCOS ? was treated by a RE and did 100 mg Clomid/Met/Trigger  with IUI to conceive my son.  I never ovulated at 50 mg, and the only two times I did 100 with IUI, I got pregnant both times (first ended in ectopic but spared my tube).

I went for my annual with my OB and they do some level of fertility treatments and my doctor put me back on Met, and we went forward with the day 3 labs, 100 mg Clomid and IUI again this cycle (all with ultrasound monitoring).  CD12 & blood work indicated no mature follicles at all (none even over 10) ? went back CD 15 ? still nothing ? no response to Clomid.   They had me take another dose at 150 clomid in the same cycle to ?boost? the follicles.  Went in today ? nothing ? no follicles over 10 ? at all.

I have made an appt to go back to the Fertility Clinic where I conceived my son but can?t get in for more than a month.  I?m just in such shock that what worked before ? I didn?t even respond to this time.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Hope it?s okay I post here?.thanks in advance.

Re: TTC#2 with Clomid - no response this time?

• Options
    I also have PCOS and got pregnant with clomid and TI for my now 22 month old son.  When I went back to my RE when we started trying for a second, I was put on the same dose of clomid (50 mg) that worked for my son.  The first two cycles, I ovulated, but late and then the third cycle, nothing.  My RE said it's not uncommon to respond to clomid somewhat randomly (sometimes responding, sometimes not).  He switched me to Femara, and I'm now 6 wks pregnant.  My RE said that Femara will often work if clomid doesn't, so you might want to ask your OB if he/she will prescribe Femara. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SB524SB524 member

I have done 2 rounds of Clomid and it did NOTHING for me. Each time it produced one small follicle, not even big enough to ovulate.

My Dr wants to try 150mg then move to Femara if that doesn't work. At this point I'm so frustrated I want to just go straight to Femara!

7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. My OB doesn't prescribe Femara because she doesn't have that much experience with it - but my RE does so hopefuly when we go back to him, that's what he'll try.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't have any input about the clomid response, but I just wanted to say welcome to the board!  I hope that you get your baby #2 soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had something like this happen also. I got pg on 100mg of Clomid 3 years ago with my DS. Last year when wanted to TTC again we started at 100mg of Clomid and had no response 2 cycles moved to 150mg and got pg but that ended in m/c my ovulation was really late. My OB sent me to the RE at that point. We tried Clomid with injectables but that was not working well either so we moved on to just injectables. I am now 12 weeks thanks to them. Good luck I know Clomid can do crazy things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was on 100mg of Clomid and got pregnant with the triplets on the 3rd month.

When we were trying for pregnancy #2 100mg of Clomid did nothing after 2 months on it I moved to a very low dose injectable.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"