February 2012 Moms

Anyone else on prometrium?

If you are also on prometruim supps or progesterone, do you feel sick as it comes time for your next dose?  I am trying to figure out if this is a s/e or just plain nausea.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

Re: Anyone else on prometrium?

• Hmm, I never thought about this...but I take it at night before bed, and I'm pretty sure I'm really supposed to take it 2x per day 12 hours apart, but I never remember to...  And I usually feel the most sick in the late evening/night.  I have no idea if it's a s/e, but it's a good thought...

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I take my supp at night and I do feel really nauseous before bed.  I hadn't thought about it being a side effect because I also feel nauseous in the mornings.  I am counting down the days til I can stop the supps though!
    DS - July 2009

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am counting down the days too.  I don't know about you, but it seems less like a chore now that I am pg, than when it was just in the 2ww.  I also take them 2 times a day....can't wait until mid August!

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• I am currently taking (or should i say getting) Progesterone in Oil Injections every night (DHs job as I can not stab myself with a giant needle) due to IVF.  I have not felt anything but pain.  However, I may be switching to crinone (progesterone gel suppository) soon.  Hopefully the crinone wont cause any other side effects.  How long do you have to stay on the prometrium?
    IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on progesterone supps twice a day, and I don't have any s/e from them.  They are just so gross...can't wait to be done.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• I take prometrium orally 2x per day.  I haven't experienced any side effects.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, I am on it. I HATE IT. It makes me sooooooo tired and I do believe that it contributes to making my m/s worse. The one day I forgot to take it in the AM, my m/s was not as bad as it normally is. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over so I can stop taking it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi Clucky!  ::gently tackle hugs Clucky::

I am on Progesterone supps 1x/day but always take it right before I go to sleep.  Maybe that will help?  I have been on them since my IUI my haven't found nausea to be a s/e. 

• Are you taking them orally or vaginally?  I'm doing them vag, and I haven't really noticed any side effects other than messiness.  However, I was on oral prometrium last cycle to induce a period, and I definitely felt nauseated and dizzy after taking them.
  • I'm on endometrium - vaginal supplements 3x times a day. I have no s/e, however, I have heard that the supplements mimic pregancy symptoms so it is hard to tell.
  • I take them vaginally.  I take them at 9:30/9:30.  The day time one I don't feel so bad before, but the evening dose I typically feel a bit more nauseous before...maybe I have the m/s that is everything but in the am. Hmm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"