D.C. Area Babies
Options

MD Birth Certificate ?

Are MD birth certificates sent out automatically?  Or am I supposed to request one?  I just did a /facepalm when I realized I still don't have C's birth certificate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MD Birth Certificate ?

• Options
    You have to request it.  The hospital gave us the form in our discharge papers, but I'm sure you can fill out a request online too.
  • Options
    We don't have J's either!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should have been given a form to fill out, believe me, you'd remember it.  It also had a box on it to request a SSN for your child.  The form will get you a birth registration card (reading per the information form I got from my hospital)

"The parent's must obtain (Legal) Birth Certificates, and you may obtain it through the Division of Vital Records, or any County Health Department.  If you live in Montgomery or PG County (A fee is applicable for this service).  If you wish, you may wait until you receive the registration card.  The earliest you can request for the Birth Certificate is  four weeks, (provide us the information within 48 hours of the baby's birth).

Division of Vital Records:

6650 Reisterstown Rd

Baltimore MD 21215

410-764-3038

• Options
    imagehollace:

You should have been given a form to fill out, believe me, you'd remember it.  It also had a box on it to request a SSN for your child.  The form will get you a birth registration card (reading per the information form I got from my hospital)

"The parent's must obtain (Legal) Birth Certificates, and you may obtain it through the Division of Vital Records, or any County Health Department.  If you live in Montgomery or PG County (A fee is applicable for this service).  If you wish, you may wait until you receive the registration card.  The earliest you can request for the Birth Certificate is  four weeks, (provide us the information within 48 hours of the baby's birth).

Division of Vital Records:

6650 Reisterstown Rd

Baltimore MD 21215

410-764-3038

I swore we filled out a form in the hospital, but i think it was just for the SSN and to register her birth with the DVR. I got something in the mail a few weeks after her birth telling me something like they'd processed the info but if i wanted a copy of her certificate I had to submit a request and pay for it. probably that link that someone else posted. Needless to say, we've not gotten around to that! :) MoCo doesn't actually have a place where you can apply in person if memory serves...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehollace:

I just ordered DD#2's using the link above. You just have to fill out the form, give them a copy of your driver's license, write a check for $24 and send a self-addressed stamped envelope. I think it took about 2 weeks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You only get the Live Birth announcement they send you. If you need copies, you have to request online or go into a local office and they will give you copies immediately.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"