Upstate NY Babies
Options

what should I make for dinner?... Help!

What are you ladies making for dinner tonight? I had planned on just using up some leftover veggies and making a sandwich for myself, since DH is working late. He just called and said he'll be out earlier, so he asked if we could have dinner. Of course he had no suggestions or ideas... just "something light and healthy"

I already have Mexican, fish, pork, steak and chicken on the menu for the rest of the week. What the heck else can I make that is quick and healthy?! I'm stumped, and hate going to the grocery store not knowing what to buy!

Re: what should I make for dinner?... Help!

• Options
    I'm making grilled shrimp skewers with zucchini and onions but I'm not sure what else.  I thought I had some whole wheat pasta to make a side dish, but i just opened the box and there's hardly anything in it.
  • Options
    Greek wraps? We had them last week - lots of ripe tomatoes and cucumbers with lettuce, red onion and grilled chicken...a little feta and a few kalamata olives for flavor. DH added some tzaziki (sp?) i would have made a healthy version if I had time...but the store bought kind isn't too bad. He also had baked sweet potato fries with his...not me though :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJenJar:
    I'm making grilled shrimp skewers with zucchini and onions but I'm not sure what else.  I thought I had some whole wheat pasta to make a side dish, but i just opened the box and there's hardly anything in it.

ooo, I actually have some shrimp in the freezer. I think I'll make shrimp tacos tonight, instead of fish tacos I planned on later in the week. And then we'll have salmon or something instead.

Thanks for the shrimp reminder! 

• Options
    I know you already had an idea, but one thing we like is a "southwest" salad - lettuce, black beans, corn, cheese, chicken, sometimes salsa, sometimes some crushed tortilla chips, and then make a southwest dressing by mixing ranch with taco seasoning.
    image        image
  • Options

Do you have the following ingredients:

Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta, Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Fresh Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, and Balsamic Vin.

If so All I do is put some olive oil in a pan to warm, then add diced up onion and garlic first let them simmer a bit, add in red pepper, then the tomato (diced) last. If I have spinach I throw that in last too. Add in a little Balsamic Vinegar at the end just to warm up a bit and then toss all of this with cook spaghetti or angel hair pasta! It sounds complicated but really takes no time at all and is SOOO yummy! You can add a little parm cheese on top too if you wanted to but it has so much flavor you really don't even need it. I think I've also made it when I didn't have any peppers and it still tasted yummy without those.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTelyco:
    Greek wraps? We had them last week - lots of ripe tomatoes and cucumbers with lettuce, red onion and grilled chicken...a little feta and a few kalamata olives for flavor. DH added some tzaziki (sp?) i would have made a healthy version if I had time...but the store bought kind isn't too bad. He also had baked sweet potato fries with his...not me though :)

greek salads w/ pitas have been my go-to lunch... and I'm kinda burned out! I made chicken gyros 2 weeks ago, and had feta, olives, tzatziki and homemade ww pitas to use up! 

• Options
    Yeah I love them! The biggest thing I miss about north buffalo is kostas Greek salads!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"