Trying to Get Pregnant

Signing off of The Bump... GL to all

While some of you ladies are always kind, helpful and thoughtful, others out there are mean spirited, inconsiderate of others' feelings, and lack compassion.  We are all here with the same goal.  And while some of us may be less knowledgable on the subject of TTC, it's not reason to act so cruel towards them.  After all, they have come here looking to educate themselves on TTC, and receiving hurtful and or negative feedback is somewhat counter productive.  They are looking for support and advice, and many of you are bluntly unsupportive.  I fully understand now that this is the vibe of this forum and I am choosing to distance myself from such negativity.  My husband and I are trying to concieve a child, so I will be focusing my attention on that instead of here, where negativity runs rampid.  Hopefully some of you will learn how to be a little bit more compassionate towards others.  I wish everyone on here luck on getting pregnant, and to have a happy and healthy pregnancy once you do.  This best of luck message is even intended for those of  you who are mean spirited.  Perhaps it might inspire you to be a little nicer.  GL to all :-)

Re: Signing off of The Bump... GL to all

• I'm not a newbie to TB, but I am to TTGP and everyone I have "talked" with has been incredibly nice, knowledgable and supportive.  I'm sorry that you have had the opposite experience.  But, I would suggest not GBCB and just ignore those that are rude to you.  Not everyone is going to be nice all of the time, it's the internet, kwim?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejefa621:

imagezelalive:
    Perhaps it might inspire you to be a little nicer.  GL to all :-)

Sleep  Not likely.

Yeah...most likely. Maybe it's because I'm miss cranky pants today, but this post annoys me. Grr.... Super Angry

It's the internet people...don't take it seriously. 

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Toodles

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Wow. I don't know that I've ever seen a GBCB without at least one prior b!tchfest followed promptly by a DD.  Oh Tuesdays.... 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • imagelnyost:
    I'm not a newbie to TB, but I am to TTGP and everyone I have "talked" with has been incredibly nice, knowledgable and supportive.  I'm sorry that you have had the opposite experience.  But, I would suggest not GBCB and just ignore those that are rude to you.  Not everyone is going to be nice all of the time, it's the internet, kwim?

Yes, this is what my mind was thinking, but I couldn't get it worded the way I wanted to. 

Photobucket
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • GBCB....

blah blah  fvcking blah....haha

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is the internet.  You really don't have to take it so seriously.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imageTheAnne:

imagelnyost:
    I'm not a newbie to TB, but I am to TTGP and everyone I have "talked" with has been incredibly nice, knowledgable and supportive.  I'm sorry that you have had the opposite experience.  But, I would suggest not GBCB and just ignore those that are rude to you.  Not everyone is going to be nice all of the time, it's the internet, kwim?

I totally want to eat your baby.  he is so stinking cute!  

oh and OP, thanks for the update on your general thought process of whether or not to talk to internet strangers.  kbye.

Thanks Big Smile I eat him up every day, one leg at a time.  He is so friggin' edible!!

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • This is just positively shocking.. and a bump first.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I said it earlier today, and I'll say it again.

Let's all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• imageMiniSteph:
    imagejefa621:

imagezelalive:

Sleep  Not likely.

Yeah...most likely. Maybe it's because I'm miss cranky pants today, but this post annoys me. Grr.... Super Angry

But MiniSteph... everyone knows that the internet is serious business.

• imagejefa621:

imagezelalive:

Sleep  Not likely.

ETA:  WTF?  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/54815840.aspx

Buh bye.

umm? OP, are you distancing yourself from this board because of our negativity or perhaps it's because you're KU? Hmm

• imagezelalive:
    While some of you ladies are always kind, helpful and thoughtful, others out there are mean spirited, inconsiderate of others' feelings, and lack compassion.  We are all here with the same goal.  And while some of us may be less knowledgable on the subject of TTC, it's not reason to act so cruel towards them.  After all, they have come here looking to educate themselves on TTC, and receiving hurtful and or negative feedback is somewhat counter productive.  They are looking for support and advice, and many of you are bluntly unsupportive.  I fully understand now that this is the vibe of this forum and I am choosing to distance myself from such negativity.  My husband and I are trying to concieve a child, so I will be focusing my attention on that instead of here, where negativity runs rampid.  Hopefully some of you will learn how to be a little bit more compassionate towards others.  I wish everyone on here luck on getting pregnant, and to have a happy and healthy pregnancy once you do.  This best of luck message is even intended for those of  you who are mean spirited.  Perhaps it might inspire you to be a little nicer.  GL to all :-)
    What I think is that they need therapy, I think they have allowed TTC to make them hate everyone.

Also, you win the award for the lamest GBCB on TTGP ever considering you are already KU.  So, here you go:

Photobucket
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageannerz22:

I said it earlier today, and I'll say it again.

Ugh! You are annoying as hell
  • I don't even know who you are... so I won't miss you. BUH BYEEE!!!
  • Alright, who is responsible for this GBCB?

• lycihlycih member
    imageannerz22:

Ha! I wonder if the girl who wrote the "lots of snarkiness" post realized this was going to get so much air time this week.

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• imageannerz22:

Hahahaha... oh my gosh.. the orignal post from the other day cracked me up. And I love that you quoted it.  

Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • imagesmurray217:
    Wow. I don't know that I've ever seen a GBCB without at least one prior b!tchfest followed promptly by a DD.  Oh Tuesdays.... 
    I don't see this in the glossary - what does "GBCB" mean??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lycihlycih member

imagenola 1017:
    imagesmurray217:
    Wow. I don't know that I've ever seen a GBCB without at least one prior b!tchfest followed promptly by a DD.  Oh Tuesdays.... 

i was wondering myself... my only two guesses based on context are:

great big cry baby
    or
    good bye cruel bump

but i definitely was wondering... and i generally do terribly at guessing acronyms on this board.  hahaha

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• imagenola 1017:
    imagesmurray217:

"Goodbye, Cruel Bump" 

• imagenola 1017:
    imagesmurray217:

"Good-bye Cruel Bump" if I remember correctly...

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • A KU woman GBCBing from TTGP... That IS a first! Is sheer stupidity an early sign of pregnancy? We must have a lot of BFP posts headed in our direction.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• imagenola 1017:
    imagesmurray217:

Good bye cruel Bump

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • salt78salt78 member

imagezelalive:
    My husband and I are trying to concieve a child,

Why are you a liar? You should have been gone from this board a few days ago when you got your BFP.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

• imagesalt78:

imagezelalive:

Why are you a liar? You should have been gone from this board a few days ago when you got your BFP.

Dang it! I was about to say don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! But you beat me to it!! 

• imagezelalive:

For 1 thing, this is the internet so you taking something personally that someone else said makes me wonder if you don't have some personal issues going on in your life Confused

2nd if being honest is being cruel then I'd rather be cruel than lie and say "Squeeeeeeee ya you're pregnant!!!!" to someone who asked a dumb question like "I'm 1 day late am I pregnant".  

And finally...I don't know who you were so you won't be missed bye!

• imageCholzmei:
    imageMiniSteph:
    imagejefa621:

imagezelalive:

Sleep  Not likely.

But MiniSteph... everyone knows that the internet is serious business.

What?! Son of a monkey...

Ahem...yes, this a very serious matter. We need to have a meeting with a power point presentation and everything.

Photobucket
  • Oem617Oem617 member

imageMissMusic:
    Tuesdays, you never let me down.

Yes Seriously, it nevers fails!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

• imagesalt78:

imagezelalive:

Hmm My thoughts exactly.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemelissa721:
    A KU woman GBCBing from TTGP... That IS a first! Is sheer stupidity an early sign of pregnancy? We must have a lot of BFP posts headed in our direction.

*giggle* This comment is full of win.

And also, ditto to what Salt said. OP, you're an idiot.

• I wish you all the best too, hope you get pregnant soon and stop taking the internet so seriously.

BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagezelalive:

Ok first of all... why are you posting here when you're already KU? Secondly, this is the Internet and we're all a bunch of strangers (except for those who've become friends IRL) so taking offense at what you read on here is pointless. Plus this isn't a site to get warm fuzzies and rainbows...people on here are looking for information....not support, not therapy, information. Now, IME I've seen overwhelming support given to not only myself but to other women on here. So I think it's unfair of you to accuse us of being unsupportive, uncompassionate or negative. You should've lurked a bit longer to realize how ridiculous and "mean spirited" your statements are. Besides,  IF we were these horrible creatures as your post seems to point out, do you think we would automaticaly start spewing rainbows and kitties just from your post? Please do us all a favor and spend a little bit longer lurking  next time and I think you'll realize what awesome women there are on here..full of information and believe it or not we're not quite the monsters you make us out to be.

Blended Families Rock!

• imagezelalive:

Yes  Good for you. The other boards are nicer. When you are KU and are no longer on TTGP, you will see a huge difference in how people are treated on the other boards. Hope we both get KU soon!

pig Pictures, Images and Photos TRYING TO GET KTFU SINCE '09
  • imagePiggilywiggily:

imagezelalive:

Yes  Good for you. The other boards are nicer. When you are KU and are no longer on TTGP, you will see a huge difference in how people are treated on the other boards. Hope we both get KU soon!

Feel free to leave right along with her. You won't be missed. 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • imagePiggilywiggily:

imagezelalive:

If we're so mean then why are you still here?  Feel free to leave anytime and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"