February 2012 Moms

Diapering

Have you thought about what you are going to use? Cloth or Disposables?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diapering

• Disposables, there is no way I could do cloth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Tea712Tea712 member
    I've been lurking on the CD board and doing lots of reading.  I don't like the idea of those chemicals in disposables on baby.  I'm pretty sure we are going to CD.  I have resisted buying anything yet though  :)     I'm thinking I might do the cloth diapers trial they have on jilliansdrawers.com  it seems like a great way to start!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJayNina:
    Disposables, there is no way I could do cloth.

Same here

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• I use cloth diapers on my DD and I plan on using them with this baby. They can be a hassle to use sometimes but I feel like it is better for her skin and depending on which CD you get you can save a lot of money in the long run.
  • imageTea712:
    I've been lurking on the CD board and doing lots of reading.  I don't like the idea of those chemicals in disposables on baby.  I'm pretty sure we are going to CD.  I have resisted buying anything yet though  :)     I'm thinking I might do the cloth diapers trial they have on jilliansdrawers.com  it seems like a great way to start!

I love that board. I think we are CD'ing too. For all the same reasons but money was a big reason too.
  • Both. We use cloth around the house but disposies at night and when cloth just isn't convenient.
  • My friend CDs and I'm pretty sure I want to try as well. Now to convince DH that he's on board with it.
  • imageMrsLongInSD:
    My friend CDs and I'm pretty sure I want to try as well. Now to convince DH that he's on board with it.

H went to a CD class with me. After that he was ok with us doing it if I wanted to. My SIL CD's which I think will help with some of the questions I might have too.
  • I'm am on the fence about it.  There is a company in my area that will deliver clean CD and take the dirty one weekly.  You rent or buy (can't remember) a basket that you put the diapers in and set them out to be picked up once a week.
  • Cloth. 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since 3-2008: v/c repair 2009; BFP: 7-2010, m/c 8-2010, c/p 4-2011, BFP: 6-2011 EDD: 2-12-2012?
    "Lovebugs2012"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Today I am pregnant & I love my baby!
  • We use cloth with Henry, but didn't start until about 6 months. I do have 'sposies for when my dad is here (he NEVER puts cloth on right and then he leaks) and when we travel with no washing abilities.

I did the trial through Jillians Drawers and LOVED it. :)

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really want to do cloth, but my sister was all gung ho on cloth diapers for my first nephew and she hardly used them.  He was a big baby, and the diapers were still too big for him.  So I feel like if she couldn't even stick with them I'm worried I won't be able to.  BUT, I love the idea...and if I could get the hang of it I would love to do it... so I guess my answer is I don't know yet. :)

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• We do disposable!
  • Cloth fo sho.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do cloth with DD1 and love it, so we'll definitely use cloth on this baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're planning on cloth--I'm trying to figure out if it'd be tacky to ask on a shower announcement to not bring disposables as a wishing well gift.  I know we'll have to use them once in a while in a serious pinch, but we're super gung-ho about CD.
  • imageChoicesMom:
    Disposables definitely.  I am not a cloth diaperer.  I give full kudos to those who can do it but I am much more into the convenience of disposable.
    This, definitely!
  • We're hoping to try using Elimination Communication, with cloth as a backup, and disposables only when we absolutely have to. I'll be a SAHM, so it seems plausible!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am still undecided. I love the idea of using CD, but I am not sure if DH is on board. Plus, I still have do a lot more research on it to make an educated decision, so I really don't know yet...
  • imageChoicesMom:
    Disposables definitely.  I am not a cloth diaperer.  I give full kudos to those who can do it but I am much more into the convenience of disposable.
    agree. And as far as the skin issue I just found what brand worked for each child. ( just like soaps and detergent)
  • We'll be using cloth diapers! My sister uses Rump-a-Rooz and Good Mamas so those are the brands I have the most experience with and they are great and really cute!!
  • Cloth 100%.  We CD our son and will CD from day one with this one.  Our hospitals supply Pampers and I refuse to use them after the whole Dry Max issue.  We will bring prefolds or our own disposibles to the hospital (an EF brand).

We CD because it saves us a ton of money, it keeps chemicals away from LO's skin, and they are better for the environment. 

I don't look down on those to use disposibles but I think a lot of people would be surprised at how easy it is if they just tried it!

DS - July 2009

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AndieMAndieM member
    I really want to CD.  Not sure DH is on board, but I'm working on it.  Still lots of research to do though!

Married August 5, 2006

Baby girl born February 15, 2012

Expecting baby #2 in July!

BabyFetus Ticker

• We used disposables with DS and have spent an unreal amount of money.  With #2 we plan to use cloth.  Cloth diapers are really very easy to deal with and sooo much cheaper.  Not to mention better for the environment.  Most cloth diapers now are just like disposables.  But instead of throwing them away you just wash them.  I also like that when I am running low on diapers I can just run a load of laundry rather than pack up DS and head to the store. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    July Siggy Challenge Favorite Ice Cream - Cookies N Cream
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • We're planning on CDing.  Neither H nor I could live with ourselves knowing how much waste we'd be contributing with disposables.  I know there are some compostable types, and that's what we'll get when we have to use disposables.  The benefits of CDing to us outweigh the cons.
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I used disposables with DS b/c both DH & I work full time and cloth diapering just didn't seem to be in the cards for us at the time. But since I will be a SAHM after this baby is born, I really want to try it. DH is not on board with it b/c he thinks it will cost too much money and will be too much of a hassle, but he won't be the one doing it anyways.
  • we'll use cloth once the baby is out of the newborn stage.  we use cloth for ds (although his current daycare doesn't allow it so we only CD on the weekends at this point).  we have a ton of O/S diapers so we'll use that for this baby once he/she hits about 12lb.  i don't want to invest in a newborn stash so we're going to use sposies for the first 3 or so mos. 

i love CDs though.  they don't take that much additional time. i work full time and we used them for my son until he switched to his new daycare a couple weeks ago.  it really only takes me about 15-20 min a week to wash & stuff diapers.  ;) the washing machine does most of the hard work. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We'll continue to use cloth. It's a personal decision and I don't look down upon those who use disposables at all (we still use them when in a pinch or traveling), but it is possible to be a full time working family (with a 45-minute commute each way) and do cloth. 

DD had serious rash issues with disposables, and after trying pretty much every brand out there, we switched her to cloth at 16 months (and the rash issues have subsided big time). I love them now and have also saved quite a bit of money doing it, too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We tried cloth with our first. They're a great idea, but they didn't fit into our lifestyle, so we'll be using disposables for this one as well.
  • I use disposables with Cedric.  Wish now that I had looked into cloth more.  I just thought at the time...no way!  But now kindof wishing that I had given it a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"