Ohio Babies

Columbus Mommas, Recommend your bakery!

nstark2908nstark2908 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

DH and I have our 1 year anniversary in a couple of weeks and I would like to have a copy of our top tier wedding cake made.  We saved the top tier, but since I'm pg, I thought I'd be safe and just have a small, new (safe) cake made.  What are some bakeries that you love?  I'm willing to travel to a neighboring suburb if it's worth it Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Columbus Mommas, Recommend your bakery!

• Hi! I have an acquaintance who bakes and decorates out of her home. Her business is called The Pink Apron - https://thepinkapron.com/ - and she may be able to help you out.

She replicated a pretty impressive Martha Stewart cake for her daughter's birthday. You can see it on her Facebook site - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10100213621328064&id=12306243&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment#!/pages/The-Pink-Apron/153711554658296

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love The Goodie Shop in Upper Arlington... I've only had their bakery though, never their cakes. The sample cakes that they have out are really nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • https://www.thesuisseshop.com/ 

Their cakes are both beautiful and delish!

• HI!

Your post caught my eye because I am currently trying to add clients to my little cake business from out of my home! I live in Victorian Village(downtown Columbus) and have made many cakes for many events the past year or so after completing the Wilton Cake Decorating Classes at the Michael's Craft Store in Grove City. I was in a cupcake contest held at the North Market last fall and have made a range of cakes from baby showers to bachelorette parties to 60th birthdays!

I don't have a website or anything fancy yet, but I only charge for materials and add $10 to the material cost for "labor"! (For example, I recently made a three-tier, fondant-covered cake that cost $100 in materials. At a bakery, they would charge another $100 on top of that for a cake of that size and I only asked for $110 total!) Smaller cakes, with less detail and without fondant can only end up being $20, though, so don't be scared of that price!! Each cake is individual, based on difficulty of detail and type of covering(frosting or fondant) so please ask if you owuld like a quote on a cake! 

I am originally from NY and don't have a lot of connections in Columbus, so please please tell people about me! I am hoping to have my very own bakery someday called "Sweet Pea" after the nickname my grandpa gave me. Baking and decorating is my passion and I would love to share photos of my work if you or a friend is interested!!

Thanks ladies!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"