Austin Babies

Cloth Diaper Issues: PUL leaking

So our PUL has started leaking.  It's not that pee is leaking out the sides; it's seeping through the PUL.  I think we're having this issue because I dry them in the dryer more often than not and since our dryer sucks and we use AIOs I have to dry them 3 times.  DH is anti buying a new set of diapers because he thinks that Kate should be potty training soon.  Um, that's a battle for another day, but I need a solution for now.  

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Suggestions?  My thinking is that I could try to buy a few covers and use them with the diapers we already have.  Is that workable?  

I also remember hearing somewhere that you can buy PUL.  I'm not a great seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but could I conceivably switch out the PUL on our existing diapers?

Is any of this reasonable?  I really don't want to shell out another $200- $300 for more diapers if she's going to potty train soon.  I also don't want to deal with having to change her outfit every time she pees. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cloth Diaper Issues: PUL leaking

• Some manufacturers have a warranty, maybe you can talk to them?

otherwise, you could totally resew in the pul. I'm sure I've seen tutorials online :)

• We have Bum Genius AIOs, and I'm pretty sure that the warranty is one year from when you bought them.  Kate's been in this size for over a year and I'm pretty sure that we bought some of them more like a year and a half ago.

I'm pumped about the idea of resewing the pul.  I'll have to look for some tutorials. 

• Loading the player...
  • I know how to sew priddy good. If you need some assistance, I can help! You can email Mar too in case she doesn't see this post, she may have a few suggestions.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You can replace the PUL, but you honestly might as well make new diapers. PUL is a b*tch to sew, but not impossible. Joann now has some in stock if you want to pick up a little to try it out, but you'll probably find it cheaper online if you want to do the entire stash. It's likely that the PUL itself has separated from the polyester.
    We have tons of covers and other diaper items we no longer use, so you're more than welcome to see if any of it fits Kate.
  • Well in that case, I suggest you ask Mar about early potty learning/training attempts and "waiting until they're ready" ;)

ETA: That is to say, she may have a long time to go, making the investment in new diapers totally worth it. Plus, if they're not used for that long, you can resell them right?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagem_and_m:
    You can replace the PUL, but you honestly might as well make new diapers. PUL is a b*tch to sew, but not impossible. Joann now has some in stock if you want to pick up a little to try it out, but you'll probably find it cheaper online if you want to do the entire stash. It's likely that the PUL itself has separated from the polyester.
    We have tons of covers and other diaper items we no longer use, so you're more than welcome to see if any of it fits Kate.

Yeah, I think this is a better option.  :)   I think we'd be interested in buying a cover or two and seeing how it goes.  I might buy a tiny amount of pul and try fixing *a* diaper to see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic.  

Taytee- I hear about once a week, "just put her in panties and she'll be potty trained."  Ugh.  I don't think she's ready. 

• imagekiarox2002:

imagem_and_m:
    You can replace the PUL, but you honestly might as well make new diapers. PUL is a b*tch to sew, but not impossible. Joann now has some in stock if you want to pick up a little to try it out, but you'll probably find it cheaper online if you want to do the entire stash. It's likely that the PUL itself has separated from the polyester.

Yeah, I think this is a better option.  :)   I think we'd be interested in buying a cover or two and seeing how it goes.  I might buy a tiny amount of pul and try fixing *a* diaper to see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic.  

Taytee- I hear about once a week, "just put her in panties and she'll be potty trained."  Ugh.  I don't think she's ready. 

Um - tell him to do it one weekend and you go to the spa for a few hours. Then he'll let you buy new diapers.  :)  

No advice but good luck. I would think you could buy a few covers and maybe a few diapers too and get you through the next few months until she's ready to train.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"