Military Families
Options

Officially on orders!!!

I am so excited that we actually have orders now! It is not just "Awaiting Assignment Instructions" We are going to Fort Carson, CO!!! Anyone know very much about the CDC on post? We are going to need to get our little guy on the wait list but want to make sure that it is a good choice first. Thanks very much!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Officially on orders!!!

• Options
    Sorry I'm no help but I just wanted to say congrats on finally getting them. My DH got his a few weeks ago but he's going half way across the world. I would think you'd be able to put your question in google or on the military forums. You can try "chat rooms" for other parents who are on the same post as you and they'll answer or see if they have a facebook page and ask there. I've gotten a lot of questions answered on facebook about DH's station and just general military questions. GL mama.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

I'm at Carson! It is amazing here; DH and I LOVE it! The CDC does have a waitlist. How old is your LO? The centers here are good, they are building a new one actually! If you want to stay away from a daycare center environment, check out the FCC homes. They are highly regulated and the people that provide child care in their homes are held to the same standards as the CDC. They only have a small number of children, so there is less illness, more flexible hours, and a more family-type environment. They have them on and off post, so one is usually close to you no matter where you live.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    congrats!! My husband is stationed in the springs but he is deployed right now so i went home (to utah). The springs are nice but they have a LOT of wind! other then that its nice :D if you have questions you can ask me :D but i didnt use child care so i dont know how that is there Im a sahm :D

• Options
    You might also try to see if they have a facebook page. I'm in Germany and the page for my base is a good source of info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageHeatherJ10:
    I am so excited that we actually have orders now! It is not just "Awaiting Assignment Instructions" We are going to Fort Carson, CO!!! Anyone know very much about the CDC on post? We are going to need to get our little guy on the wait list but want to make sure that it is a good choice first. Thanks very much!

Carson is awesome, I have been stationed there twice in my career. We (dual military) did not care for the CDC, we actually took our daughter off post to the day care located outside of CIF gate on the left (if it is still there).  Better security, better staff.  Enjoy, it is a phenomenal place to live and work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"