Upstate NY Babies

**NikCole**

Keep meaning to ask you. I saw the pics from E's B-Day this year on FB and love the way you did the small cake and cupcakes. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for T's party. Did you make the stand or buy it?
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **NikCole**

• I made it, it's super easy! Here is the tutorial I followed.
  • Awesome! Thanks so much! It turned out so cute! I found one that wilton makes, but wondering if it works out to be cheaper to make myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought all the packs of cake boards (which is the most expensive part) a few weeks ahead w/ coupons from JoAnns each week. Now I have them, and I've actually made a few of the towers. Once you have the boards, the rest of the stuff is cheap (paper, ribbon etc) especially if you get stuff on sale or w/ coupons from the craft stores.

• Ok cool! And what size cake did you do on top? Just worried about the weight of that not being supported well enough...
  • imagekac0807:
    Ok cool! And what size cake did you do on top? Just worried about the weight of that not being supported well enough...

I did a 6inch, 3 layer cake on top. But I also did the base a little different from the tutorial... I made 3 "feet" for the bottom, instead of just one, so it made it a bit sturdier.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"