February 2012 Moms

when to tell work? I work with xrays

I work at a job where I can't just get up and go to the bathroom anytime I need to.  Also, I work with xrays quite often....I can only avoid this for so long...and could possibly be in contact with them all day.  I do wear a lead apron for myself, but I feel like I should let someone know.  I also feel it's too early, what do you think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when to tell work? I work with xrays

• Xrays kinda scare me so I would at least let someone know so maybe you could get out of that duty. And you will need to start peeing more often soon, if not already:) Good luck!
  • I think it's fine to tell now. This is about you and your babies safety and I think the sooner the better. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • You need to tell your supervisor ASAP so that they can take necessary precautions to protect you and your baby.  Radiology isn't something to mess with regarding any pregnancy - no matter how early.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 5.31.2011 ~*~ Michael Joseph ~*~ BORN 2.8.2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageKyle523Nicole:
    You need to tell your supervisor ASAP so that they can take necessary precautions to protect you and your baby.  Radiology isn't something to mess with regarding any pregnancy - no matter how early.

This. Please tell at least your boss as soon as you can. You can let her know you would like to keep this confidential until you are further along, but you at least needed to let him/her know so you can protect your baby. They will probably be able to work something out for you.

• Yea, I agree.  With this job, I'd tell sooner rather than later.

chart
    BFP: 6.13.11 - EDD: 2.20.12 - Natural M/C: 6.22.11 at 5 weeks 3 days

imageimageimageimage

• I would just tell your manager now.  I ended up telling my boss when I had the 2nd miscarriage because things were relaly starting to cut into work with appointments and follow ups. He was awesome and he was actually the 2nd person to find out about my bfp! I got the call from the RE and then I called dh and then I was in an all day meeting with my boss so I texted him to meet me in the hallway.  He knew when my beta was just 53. haha!  Sometimes it's actually really nice to have a boss who knows.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"