Postpartum Depression

Worried about TTC. Advice would be great!

Hi Ladies! So long story short, 7 months ago, when DS was 11 months, I weaned him and all the sudden was hit with massive sadness and anxiety and was diagnosed with PPD. I went on Zoloft (50 mg) and between that and talking to family and looking at my adorable son every day I feel one hundred percent better. So DH is so pumped to TTC for number two. I am excited too but I am scared to death to wean off Zoloft. I have been on it for six months but I am just so afraid that I will go off and feel like total poop again. I just remember how I felt like the worst mom and wife before and I don't want to be there again. I know I have to wean off the meds before I TTC again but DH wants to start trying sooner rather than later. I know the best thing to do is to just talk to my doctor but I was just wondering if anyone had been through the same thing. Thanks!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Worried about TTC. Advice would be great!

• I took 100mg of zoloft throughout my pregnancy. Before TTC I met with my doctors and we agreed that it would be best for me to stay on that (as well as my welbutrin).

I have PTSD and anxiety from a previous military deployment, and I really was worried that I would feel awful without it. I have a happy, healthy baby boy.

I still take both meds. I had stopped taking them a couple of months after my DS2 was born, and that was a horrible idea. I have been back on them 5 weeks and can finally tell a difference, I feel much better.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"