Upstate NY Babies

summer toy organization

Ours is a 1.5 car garage and I only park in it in the winter so that G and the neighbor kids can have easy access to the ride ons and everything.  We don't have a ton but I feel like we need to get the various balls, golf clubs, bubbles under control.  Any suggestions or great ideas for storage/organization?

Re: summer toy organization

• not really... our garage is kind of a mess! But I bought a couple of those big drink/ice buckets for Evan's birthday party. I threw all his water/pool toys in one, and balls, cars, bubbles etc in the other. And if we have another party I can just empty them out for the day, so they serve as a toybox/drink bucket combo!
  • imageNikCole:
    not really... our garage is kind of a mess! But I bought a couple of those big drink/ice buckets for Evan's birthday party. I threw all his water/pool toys in one, and balls, cars, bubbles etc in the other. And if we have another party I can just empty them out for the day, so they serve as a toybox/drink bucket combo!

funny I was just looking at getting a one of those ice bucket things to use as a water table type toy bc I saw stands at Target.  Any idea where they are cheapest?  I have to start paying attention

• Loading the player...
  • imageorangeluck:

imageNikCole:
    not really... our garage is kind of a mess! But I bought a couple of those big drink/ice buckets for Evan's birthday party. I threw all his water/pool toys in one, and balls, cars, bubbles etc in the other. And if we have another party I can just empty them out for the day, so they serve as a toybox/drink bucket combo!

funny I was just looking at getting a one of those ice bucket things to use as a water table type toy bc I saw stands at Target.  Any idea where they are cheapest?  I have to start paying attention

I got them in the seasonal section at Target, they were $6.99 I believe. I know my mom said she saw them at Walmart for $5, but I avoid that store like the plague!

• imageNikCole:

This is exactly what we have too.. LOL..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • My parents used a garbage can to store balls in...but by then we had a lot more than dd does.  And yes, the buckets are $5 right now at walmart.
  • I got my ice bucket thingys at Party City.. I know they were super cheap.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Yep - we use those bucket things too. But I think I want to get one of those patio bin things that double as a bench and has a lid.

I definitely wouldn't use one of those as a water table, though...so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing. They are pretty deep and I would be way too afraid of a kid falling in - esp if it isn't filled all the way and they have to reach down. I bet a light kid wouldn't tip the whole thing over if they fell in.

• Ours is a mess and it is a 2/1/2 car garage, so more room does not equal organization :)
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a large 2 car and a separate 1.5 car attached garage for all the machines and tools.  And you know what?  My car is a terrible mess.  More room, I just have more crap.  I use laundry bins for balls and thing so stuff can dry.  We have had some black slimey stuff on toys that were put in non-breathable bins after a couple weeks of non use with heat and high humidity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"