TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

The update

Now for today, I call at 7:30 AM to talk to my least favorite nurse and am told, I must be mistaken about the meds so she'll check with the pharmacy and call me back. I wasn't mistaken, she called in .25 mg and wanted me to take a half of a tablet when it should have been .5 mg and take half but what do I know? Well, at noon today I call back and am told she's at lunch but the prescription was straightened out, call back in an hour. I go pick up my meds and ask the pharmacist about side effects/time to take it etc... Call the nurse back, and she is sweet at pie with me. Answers my questions and tells me that the doctor will call me on Monday. I'm concerned that despite having lost weight and watching what I eat, my cholesterol continues to rise plus my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate (I still have a lot but like clumps falling out). I'm wondering if it's all tied to the prolactin, I've heard nursing moms have high cholesterol and they complain of their hair thinning I'm wondering if its correlated. I'm not goggling anything right now as that's just scary. I took my first half a pill for week 1 so we'll see what happens. The nurse also told me that since prolactin can make you not ovulate if I got 5 more days without getting a peak on my Clear Blue Easy Fertility monitor to call back and they'll give me something to bring on a period. Fun!!! Good times. good times. I kind of wish I was into mood altering substances that were stronger than sugar and wine! As I have brownies baking, cake pops in the fridge, and for tomorrow I bought 30 Smirnoff's and 2 bottles of sangria! Tonight though, I'm actually eating a real meal- chili with brown rice and quiona. Yum!

Thank you all for your support. I'm much less upset today compared to yesterday. 

Re: The update

• (((hugs))))  I am glad that the meds got straightened out and glad that you are feeling a little better.  I don't blame you one bit for being so upset, I would have felt the same way. 

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad things seem to be on the right path. I hope you get your peak so you don't need even more meds to bring on a period.

Enjoy your wine! I'm jealous of your brownies and cake pops!

Hugs

• Loading the player...
  • {{hugs}} I'm glad things are straighted out and I hope that these meds help.

I hope you enjoyed your meal! That sounds delish!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• I'm sorry this has been such a mess but I'm glad it got straightened out.  ((HUGS))
  • *massive hugs*  The brownies do sound good!
  • I really hope you get your peak so you don't have to force AF to show.  Your plan of brownies, wine & booze sounds fantastic to me.  Sending you some love.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm glad you got your meds straightened out.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"