Tennessee Babies
Options

Nashville pediatrician

I'm moving to Nashville next month and need a pediatrician for my 10 week old DD. I'd strongly prefer a female doctor. Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nashville pediatrician

• Options
    Are you moving to Nashville itself or the suburbs?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nashville itself -- we'll be walking distance to Vanderbilt.

ETA: We'd consider a good doctor in the suburbs, though. It already takes us an hour (with traffic) to get to our current pediatrician in Manhattan.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will be using Tennessee Pediatrics once our son is born.  I'm personally using Dr. Joseph Little at the Murfreesboro location, however they have several locations and several female doctors.  I've heard great things about their Murfreesboro location, and it's about 30 minutes from Nashville.  Their website is www.tennesseepediatrics.com.  All of their locations are very accessible to Nashville, and they have GREAT hours.  You can also see that all of their practices have hospital affiliations with Vanderbilt, so if your baby was hospitalized you'd have the comfort of knowing he could be close to home.
  • Options
    We see Katherine Schull at Children's Clinic of Nashville.  She is wonderful!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also use Tennessee Pediatrics but the Hendersonville office. It's about 20 minutes from Nashville. My DD see's Dr. Moore and she is amazing. I've heard great things about all of their offices though. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We love Pediatric Associates of Franklin. It's just off of I65 and not difficult to get to. Our pedi is Dr. Molly Hood, but we've also seen Dr. Allison Couden and she's fantastic too.
  • Options
    Dr. Catherine Bottoms at Morgan Pediatrics in Smyrna.. which is only 20 min. from nashville
    image   image
  • Options

I know you, OP :)

There's Centennial Pediatrics, although our ped is a male and we end up going to a very high volume group (the ped himself we like, the office, well...).  And it's not terribly convenient to the Vandy area.

And something a pp mentioned is right.  Pretty much all peds in Nashville at least admit to Vandy, so there's no real worries there (you can ask to be sure). It's really the only dedicated children's hospital in the region, if I remember correctly.

BTW, YGPM

• Options
    We see Dr. Lindsay Rauth at Heritage Medical in Green Hills.  We love her and the office.  Before her we went to Centennial Pediatrics and like a previous poster, loved our doctor but hated the office.  It took forever to see the doctor, even when you had an appointment and the bathrooms were often dirty.  At Dr. Rauth's office we barely get to sit down before we are called back.  The office is clean, has separate well and sick waiting areas and lots of books/toys for kids to use while waiting.  We have never had any issues getting an appointment and they have Sat and Sun hours for sick visits.  I have been so very pleased with everything about this office and look forward to using them for my second child due in August.
  • Options

Green Hills Pediatrics is really popular, and if you're close to Vandy, probably your best bet. 

Most every pedi in the Nashville area can admit to Vandy, but the doctors who treat your child may be different.  I wouldn't worry about that.  Welcome to Nashville! I imagine this will be some culture shock coming from Manhattan. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"