Trouble TTC
Options

How do you finance your IVF?

Hi Ladies,

I'm just curious to know what options are out there, conventional or not.  How do you pay for your IVF?

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

Re: How do you finance your IVF?

• Options
    LindzKLindzK member
    There are medical credit cards, like care credit. That I don't know how, but are somehow different than other cc. Or, if you are waiting till next year, or at least Jan., you can put more money into your FSA at work.  At least the money will be tax free. Besides, you can claim the medical expenses on your taxes for a deduction if you itemize. That would be if you decide to do it this year.
    Me=30, DH=31
    Together since 2000, Married 10/17/2009
    TTC since 2/2010,Dx with PCOS 12/2010, taking 1500mg Metformin
    2/11-6/11 Medicated cycles w/RE
    7/11-9/11 Break from RE
    Suprise BFP 10/7/11! DD born 6/14/2012!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageLindzK:
    There are medical credit cards, like care credit. That I don't know how, but are somehow different than other cc. Or, if you are waiting till next year, or at least Jan., you can put more money into your FSA at work.  At least the money will be tax free. Besides, you can claim the medical expenses on your taxes for a deduction if you itemize. That would be if you decide to do it this year.

I didn't know about the medical CC, I'll def look into that. FSA is a good idea too, I wish I'd done that this year. Claiming the expenses on taxes will give me some sort of a return, so that's good too. Thanks!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sadly Credit Cards. Love racking up the debt. Parents are zero help and it's not like you can get a grant for this year so that is out.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options

We are completely OOP and our cycle is being paid for with a combination of savings, our home equity loan and a credit card for the meds.  Our goal is to have it paid for by the time the (fingers crossed) baby is born.  We elected not to drain all of our savings and instead use our home equity loan because the interest is great and we were not comfortable giving up our emergency fund.  Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were extremely fortunate in that my parents paid for my first one except for embryo freezing. For the second, we drained our savings for meds and took out a small personal loan for the cycle.  We'll use savings we've built up since then for freezing. If we have to do another cycle we're taking 3 months off to save the money again. I really hope we don't need it though. We are fortunate to have insurance coverage for half.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options

We got lucky and my parents gave us money so we could start right away. I now just owe my parents my left arm and right leg.

Check with your office they may have financing available. Good luck!

imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • Options
    We took it out of savings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we are using a credit card with rewards and will pay it off from savings right away.  i used care credit for a surgery in the past and it was 0% for a year, but i heart they also offer 2 years now. 
    TTC since 4/2009 I'm 30, DH is 33
    Stage IV endo on ovaries
    IVF 6/2011- 14 eggs, 12 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 0 frosties
    Mason Lucas 3/4/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We got a new credit card, with 0% interest for one year. That way we have 12 months to pay it off without paying interest. We also have our home equity line of credit, but the 0% interest rate card costs us less in the long term. 

Our clinic doesn't offer any of the shared risk programs but they have a package discount for people who are OOP (like us), so it's not as expensive as some other clinics who do offer the shared risk programs, but don't have a OOP discount.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If we have to do IVF, it will be in January of next year. That way we can max out our FSA and pay the rest out of savings. I have no idea what we would do for a second round. My parents have offered, but we would really have to consider that before saying yes.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch for sharing this ladies, def useful info.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"