Philadelphia Babies

Visiting this weekend, what to do?

This weekend my hubby wants to take me on a little getaway close to home(we live in Delaware), I chose Philly. I am not gonna lie, one of the things that sold me is that Philadelphia has the closest Krispy Kreme, lol. I have been wanting to go to the Franklin institute, so that is on our list, what else should we do while we are there? Something that I won't absolutely die and be hotter than heck(almost 7 months pregnant)? We are staying Friday night and all day Saturday. Where is the best/safest place to stay that is not too expensive? Shopping places? Unique places? Are there any waterparks close? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Visiting this weekend, what to do?

• ck out www.visitphilly.com they give you a bunch of ideas of what to do and where to go. What area are you staying in?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Check out Hotel Palomar - they have deals every so often or the Radisson Warwick (I love this hotel). You might find some good deals since it's late notice.

Franklin institute would be fun...so would the art museum, constitution center/liberty bell/historic area. There are some cute shops on 3rd st. just north of Market St (in old city, near the liberty bell). Good lunch option is Reading Terminal Market on 12th and Arch.

Other good shopping is Walnut Street...if you go to Walnut St, I suggest getting ice cream at Scoop de Ville and eating it in Rittenhouse Square Park. There are a few cute baby stores near there...Born Yesterday is one of them.

For restaurants for dinner....what kind of food do you like?

• Loading the player...
  • If you're looking for unique shopping, South Street is fun too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"