Postpartum Depression
Options

XP: PSA: PPD symptoms in plain english

Since realizing (and finally admitting to myself) that I have PPD, I've been doing a lot of research and a lot of reading. I happened on this website, Post-Partum Progress, and found this.

"What does it feel like to have postpartum depression or postpartum anxiety?  What are the symptoms?  How do you know when you have it? 

Perhaps you've seen a list of symptoms on other health websites, but I doubt you've seen one like this.  We're going to talk about the signs of postpartum depression and anxiety, but in "plain mama English".  We won't use words like hypomania or dysthymia or suicidality or psychomotor agitation -- the kind of terms you see elsewhere.  We will use the words mom hear in their heads when they think about what the hell is happening ... I know this will make sense to you.  Just read."

Re: XP: PSA: PPD symptoms in plain english

• Options
    Great website eh?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Great website!   Describes me to a T.  My worst symptom is the can't sleep when baby is sleeping thing.  No matter how tired I am and no matter how hard I try...I just CAN'T sleep.  I can't fall asleep and if I wake up I can't fall back to sleep.  I am getting treatment and it was working, but last night my meds didn't help me sleep...I'm exhausted.  I also think I have a really fast metabolism and I'm just not sure if my meds are strong enough or the correct ones.  I see my phsy. today so we will see what he thinks.  :-(

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JCMJCM member
    This list is great!  Thanks for posting the link. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this!

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • Options

Thanks for sharing this! I wish I had read something like this after I had my DD1... I waited 3 long years (until DD2 was 1!) before getting help and I still can't help but think how much better of a mom I would have been if I'd just talked to someone about it earlier!

Anyway, a new-mom friend of mine has been talking to me about this a lot lately and I just forwarded her the site. Thanks again!

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"