LGBT Parenting

New babies new clothes

I know were supposed to wash the new stuff we have clothes, blankets, sheets, etc... but does it have to be with dreft ... can i do all free and clear or something else free and clear?  Isnt dreft smelly with perfum

I wanna wash the littles clothes!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: New babies new clothes

• No, you don't have to use Dreft. L insisted on using it for the 9m or so, but she is in charge of laundry so I didn't fight it. All free and clear is perfectly fine. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We used Seventh Generation's dye- and perfume-free stuff at the beginning. We recently got some All, but we think it doesn't work well on food stains, so we're going back to 7th gen.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • Dreft does indeed have perfumes and other unnecessary "stuff" in it.  The "free and clear" version of whatever detergent you like is a good idea.  We used 7th Generation for a long time, and I recommend that as well.
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We used our regular detergent by the time we were washing clothes E had been using the hospital linens for a month with no problems.  We figured that if she had not had any problems with the industrial detergent the hospital used our tide would be ok.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagethiswillbe:
    We used Seventh Generation's dye- and perfume-free stuff at the beginning. We recently got some All, but we think it doesn't work well on food stains, so we're going back to 7th gen.

Oh interesting- about the food stains !!!!! Hmm... 

• Thank you ...

I just  hope  whatever I use  it and the babies have that BABY BABY smell

and what do all you expert Mamas bathe your littles in ?   My sister told me to use Mustela so we registered for it and  my mom bought alot.  

Just wondering... so excited 

J

• We use Ecos free + clear for laundry and California Baby for washing.  They are both scent free so you dont get that traditional "baby" smell, but i'm happy to sacrifice that to keep the chemicals away.  And my babies smell delicious naturally (when they are clean) Wink
  • We still use johnson and johnson because I love the smell. But some people avoid it because of the chemicals.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We use biokleen for laundry and aveno for bathing. I personally thing dreft is too strongly perfumed. Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used California Baby stuff for baths when they were little. The yellow Johnson & Johnson baby soap made Peanut break out in hives when she was younger. They can tolerate it now, but we usually use Aveeno baby wash because it seems to rinse cleaner.

And re: SSG's post-- it really is all about what they can tolerate. Some babies can handle perfumes, etc just fine. I think our kids were just extra-sensitive (they broke out like crazy if they were even held by someone whose clothes hadn't been washed in free & clear baby stuff... I thought it was all in my head but it was so consistent we started giving visitors receiving blankets to cover their clothes...).

ETA: The baby wash we used was this one. I *highly* recommend getting something with a pump so you can get the soap out one-handed... very helpful when they are tiny and squirmy!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"