Parenting after 35
Options

first birthday party ideas

Hi!

I am new to this community. My son was born in late July if 2010. I am trying to plan his party. We have decided on a bouncy ball/polka dot theme in primary colors. I am going to make a banner and use a few balloons and some paper lanterns. I would love to know if anyone has an cute decorating/food ideas - budget friendly are best!

Thanks!!

Re: first birthday party ideas

• Options

I recommend the KISS method of party planning for the one year old.  Unless you want it for the pictures, he will not remember them and will probably try to eat them. 

I would highly recommend cupcakes with brightly colored icing.  It is a easy serving size and the bright icing makes for great pictures.  Michael had a chocolate cupcake with BLUE icing.  He had it up to his elbows, on his face from his chin down, around one eye, and in his hair.  It took two tubs of water to get him clean and we will not even begin to talk about the color of his poop for the next few days. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi, and welcome!  No ideas here, we didn't have a theme or even a real party, really.  If it's summer, having a bit of ice cream cake or frozen yogurt might be fun!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome, the first food idea that popped into my mind was dipping dots.  I think Target has them. Otherwise pretty much anything round.  Cucumber slices, grape tomatoes&mozzarella balls, pizza, mini quiche, m&m's, thumb print cookies with various colors of jelly for the centers, mini sandwhiches cut into circles - or buy sandwhich rounds, cupcakes that are frosted with different colored icing.  I think that's all I've got.
  • Options

imageitsmexine:
    Welcome, the first food idea that popped into my mind was dipping dots.  I think Target has them. Otherwise pretty much anything round.  Cucumber slices, grape tomatoes&mozzarella balls, pizza, mini quiche, m&m's, thumb print cookies with various colors of jelly for the centers, mini sandwhiches cut into circles - or buy sandwhich rounds, cupcakes that are frosted with different colored icing.  I think that's all I've got.

Well and that's quite a lot. 

We had a cookout. DH got a new grill (combo gas-charcol-infrared) and we broke it in at M's party.

• Options
    Agree with PP's: you will need a cake for pictures, but everything else is optional. We are planning to BBQ for the family and close friends this Saturday who will come for my son's 4th birthday party.
  • Options

Thanks for the ideas!

I made a test batch of rainbow cupcakes last night and they turned out great......might go with round sandwiches and finger foods. It is going to be at a park that doesn't have/allow grilling.

• Options
    SAMs club has 30 cupcakes for 10-12 bucks do that with a 5" smash cake and you are good. 99 cent store has tons of stuff as well as oriental trading. Also google polka dot bday party theme for ideas.
  • Options
    We also bought ice cream sundae cups so easy to serve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"