Upstate NY Babies
Options

**Healthy Living Check-in**

My girl is still sleeping and Evan is chowing down on an apple and watching "Melmo" so I thought I'd make a little check-in!

How's everyone doing?

I had a rough night last night - I was so hungry at like 10pm!! What do you guys eat that late? I ended up having a little slice of mozz cheese and a Select 55 :) Which is a great light beer, btw. My FIL introduced it to me.

Do you always have a bedtime snack?

I also was super tired yesterday, for some reason. I went on the treadmill for 30 minutes still...but I didn't run at all :( So I think I only burned 150 calories and I like to shoot for at least 250. I thought all this diet and exercise was supposed to give you more energy!

We'll spend an hour or two outside as soon as Leah is up and ready. Maybe that will put some wind in my sails.

Re: **Healthy Living Check-in**

• Options

I've been doing good. DH and I went to the gym together yesterday when he got out of work, which was just an okay workout. I really don't like going at that time (5pm) it's sooo crowded, plus I was starving so all I could think about was getting home and grilling! Oh, and my phone battery died, so I had no music... which really sucked. Today I'm going right at 4 when the childcare re-opens... since it looks like I'm not making it this morning (the childcare closes at 12)

This morning I made some delicious healthy blueberry protein pancakes (that Evan inhaled!) and I'm making chicken, broccoli and pepper stir fry with veggie "fried" brown rice. (it's not really fried, just sauteed w/ a tiny bit of EVOO) Not sure what I'll do for lunch. Maybe a spinach salad w/ hard boiled egg and a bunch of veggies and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. 

I sometimes have a sweet treat after Evan goes to bed... if I have enough calories budgeted. I like the Wegmans sorbet... it's only like 120 cal in a 1/2 cup. Yesterday I had an ice cream bar. I bought Klondike Slim-a-Bear ice cream bars... the toffee ones. They are only 100 calories and soooo good! Another good late night snack is air-popped popcorn, or even the 94% ff microwave stuff. It's super filling, and low in calories. I think a whole bowl of the microwave stuff is like 150 calories... and I never finish it. I like to dip it in hot sauce instead of being tempted to add butter or salt. I snack on that if we are watching a movie. Sometimes if I'm really hungry and I don't want to eat, I'll just go to bed!
  • Options

I'm not a big nighttime snacker but I do love a glass or wine or a super cold beer at night in the summer. I had a bad day- the babies used to sleep 11-7 then eat and go back to sleep til like 10. Now they sleep 10-6 and won't go back down. I'm exhausted. Plus Natalie has been possessed by the devil for the last 24 hours and has been screaming like a maniac. All I wanted to do was eat... or cry, haha.

Today is weigh in day for DH and I- I gained for the 1st time in our 7 weeks. It was only .4 but it still sucked big time.

I decided on a new goal. Our anniversary is 8/31 so I want to be back at my wedding weight by then. It's about 11lbs so it's do-able but it's good motivation!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is kind of healthy living related and I don't want to make a whole post b!tching about it.

SIL is 23 years old. She is a big girl- (tall like 5'10" and probably close to 300lbs) but hasn't always been- she yo-yos. For 2 years, She has been completely sedentary and is constantly stuffing her face with fast food. She is going in for lap band surgery today. I'm probably going to he!! but I am so jealous of her. She had to eat a "clean" diet the last 2 weeks and she's lost 30lbs. That should prove she can lose this weight on her own. Here I am counting carbs and doing tricep dips while Justin is in the tub and she will lose all her extra weight by surgery, with little to no effort. 

I'm just whiney today.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

Here I am counting carbs and doing tricep dips while Justin is in the tub

I'm sorry but this made me laugh!  I've done that too.  :)  And whine on girl, one baby is hard enough!

• Options
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

This is kind of healthy living related and I don't want to make a whole post b!tching about it.

SIL is 23 years old. She is a big girl- (tall like 5'10" and probably close to 300lbs) but hasn't always been- she yo-yos. For 2 years, She has been completely sedentary and is constantly stuffing her face with fast food. She is going in for lap band surgery today. I'm probably going to he!! but I am so jealous of her. She had to eat a "clean" diet the last 2 weeks and she's lost 30lbs. That should prove she can lose this weight on her own. Here I am counting carbs and doing tricep dips while Justin is in the tub and she will lose all her extra weight by surgery, with little to no effort. 

I'm just whiney today.

that is annoying. I know a girl (distant friend of the family) who had weight-loss surgery about 5 years ago (I think it was gastric bypass though) Anyway, she lost over 200lbs in less than a year (she was probably around 500). My mom saw her at a funeral a few months ago and said she has gained close to all of it back. 

I think in order to qualify for surgery like that you should HAVE to meet w/ a dietician and trainer to lose weight yourself first. Kind of like how now you have to get credit counseling before filing bankruptcy!  

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member

I've been doing pretty well eating-wise, although I am treating myself to Moe's for lunch today. I'm going to be spending the time after I get home planting pots for my patio and hopefully some herbs, too, so lugging those bad boys around should burn off a little bit of quesadilla I just inhaled.

I had stone-cut oatmeal with fresh strawberries and a banana for breakfast this morning. For dinner, I'll have "chicken nacho bake", which is just a chicken breast, salsa, low fat sour cream and a couple of crushed nacho chips (baked, of course) baked in the oven with brown rice and beans from Annie's Eats.

I try to keep fresh fruit on hand for when I want a snack at night. Last night I had one of my favorites - strawberries that I dipped in hot fudge sauce. A tablespoon goes a long way, and if you find the right one (I get one made by Hannaford), it's very low in WW points. I have any dippable fruit with it - strawberries, melon, apples, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"