Military Families
Options

Anyone have a hubs deployed right now?

Hey all I am new to this site and my hubs and I are expecting our 2nd child.  We just got prego during his R&R from his deployment.  So its kinda a new thing for me to be prego and have him gone.  Anyone out there experiencing the same thing as me....thanks 

Jessi  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a hubs deployed right now?

• Options
    My husband is deployed currently. He deployed when I was 16 weeks pregnant, and he will be home about a month after the baby is born. This is our first child
  • Options
    Me, he left when our LO was 11 days old, just over 2 weeks ago. He'll be gone for a year. This is my first baby so it's been a rough start. If there is a next time, I'd rather be pregnant while he's gone then just have a baby and he'd be gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes he is currently deployed.

He was only here for the 1st and Last month of my pregnancy with DS

and he left when I was 14 weeks pregnant this time and will be on R&R when our DD comes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    My DH is deployed Sad
    This is our first deployment and our first baby. He left when I was about 5weeks. Hopefully he will be back when I am 34 weeks.
  • Options
    Its good to hear other out there in the same place as me....did you notice you were freaking out more after you got prego not hearing from him?  I was fine before R&R and everything not hearing from him for days but once I found out i was prego it drives me batty if I dont hear from him for just a day etc...
  • Options
    Mine is deployed. He left when our son was 2 weeks old and will most likely miss his first birthday. It sucks but it's not much longer.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Options
    Yep!  DH deployed when LO was about 2 months old.  He'll be home sometime between when she's 9 and 12 months (they keep changing when they're coming home so we're actually not sure).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options

Mine left a little over a month ago.  Fun stuff Stick out tongue.

I think everyone posting in this thread deserves one of these  Drinks.

I think it is normal to be a little more "needy" when you are pregnant.  I am a very very independent woman, but when I am pregnant I can tell that I am a bit more clingy.  I try to make sure I don't let myself get ridiculous, but I can understand why you would be more concerned and want to hear from him.  Hang in there!

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    My H is gone while I'm pregnant and I am definitely more stressed out about not hearing from him compared to his last deployment. I think I'm just more emotional in general, so I just try to laugh at myself.
  • Options
    My husband deployed when I was 10wks and JUST got back, I'm 32wks now. I'm really glad we timed it right so that he'd be back for the birth. But now we have alot to get done in a couple of weeks, including move! thank god he's here to do all the lifting! haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DH and I planned it so that we would get prego on R&R and when he returns home 4 months later from his year deployment we would only have 6 months until the birth in case he gets deployed again I wanted to make sure he was home for the birth.  Its a crazy life we live but honestly I would not change it for anything at all.
  • Options
    My DH is also deployed.  He left when I was at 8 weeks and will be back about a month before the baby is born.  This is are first and I am not to happy about him being gone throughout the pregnancy.  We had planned to get pregnant when he got home from the deployment, and surprise!  But I would prefer he missed the pregnancy instead of the birth or early months.

• Options
    Dh is currently deployed and will be home for R&R very soon.  We are hoping to get pregnant while he is here.
  • Options
    DH is deployed right now. We don't know whether he will be able to come home for the birth, or when his R&R will fall. Hopefully he will be home for DS's first birthday.
    3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My husband isn't deployed but he is stationed in Japan and I live in Florida.  We just found out we were pregnant this morning via Skype.  We got pregnant while I was over there two weeks ago for a two week visit.  Hopefully he will be able to come home for the birth but even so he won't be able to stay that long.  I'm really worried about after the baby is born handling everything myself.  This is our first child.
  • Options
    The H is deployed, due home very soon, thank the LORD.  We have a DD and will resume the TTC when he returns :) Cannot wait!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband was in courses and training, away from me, for the first half of my pregnancy, then deployed when I was six months along. He was able to come home for the birth, but won't be home until DS is 8 months old. The hard part is I have a very Type-A hubby who has never been around babies, and expects me to get a lot done, even though I am alone with the baby.  I have no family around, so I rely on a babysitter.  I have a part-time job, and horses on top of that.  Hubby also wanted me to get our master bath renovated while he is gone. 
    Anyone else have a hubby who has no idea how busy you are while he's gone?
  • Options

My husband was in courses and training, away from me, for the first half of my pregnancy, then deployed when I was six months along. He was able to come home for the birth, but won't be home until DS is 8 months old. The hard part is I have a very Type-A hubby who has never been around babies, and expects me to get a lot done, even though I am alone with the baby.  I have no family around, so I rely on a babysitter.  I have a part-time job, and horses on top of that.  Hubby also wanted me to get our master bath renovated while he is gone. 
    Anyone else have a hubby who has no idea how busy you are while he's gone?

• Options

My DH left for training when I was starting my 2nd trimester and left for Afghanistan a month before DD was born. He just left on Sunday after being home for R&R and meeting his daughter. He'll return a couple months before her 1st bday.

It's hard missing out on normal things like silly faces and help with bedtime and bathtime but she makes his time away go so quickly. I hope that we have better communication once he's settled back over there than we did before his R&R because that was what was making it the hardest. But if you can skype and get phone calls and emails then it really shouldn't be that hard at all. Well, if you have someone close by that you can call if you really need to get a break for a little bit. I hope you have support nearby, but if you don't, there's always us to vent to!

• Options
    DH has just been home 6 weeks from a year in Afghanistan and will be leaving very soon for a 13 month tour in Iraq.*Sigh*
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"