Mississippi Babies
Options

Magnolia/Mccomb area info please!

Hi! I'm new to Mississippi. Moved here last week unexpectedly and am now in search of a new obgyn, pediatrician, and hospital! Anyone from the Southern MS area with advise on the best? I'm at 29 weeks, so the weeks are counting down now and I need to get set up asap. I'm so excited to be having a baby boy and can't wait to hold him. We actually live in the little town of Magnolia in Pike Co. Are there any other moms from this area?

Re: Magnolia/Mccomb area info please!

• Options
    Congrats on being at 29 weeks.  I am only at 18 and not looking forward to the hot summer.  Anyways I will first say this I live near Liberty which is west of McComb, but I am going to Womens in Baton Rouge for my Hospital.  The reason for that is insurance.  So I now have a doctor down there but before I changed doctors to Baton Rouge I was seeing Dr. Lanasha Tanner at Women's Health Ctr in McComb.  I liked her a lot.  One of my good friends loves Dr. Dawn Sumrall at McComb ObGYN Associates in McComb.  Both are right near Southwest Mississippi Regional Hospital.  Just like any hospital I have meet people who love it there and then I have meet some who love King's Daughter in Brookhaven.  I don't know if I help you but I hope so.  Good Luck.
  • Options

I just had my baby 2 weeks ago at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg and they were AWESOME!  It looks like you're located about 1.5 hours East of Hattiesburg but the facilities were extremely nice.  

I went to 28th place OB/GYN run by Hattiesburg Clinic and they were very nice as well!  I definitely recommend you check them out if you don't mind the distance! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on the boy... I am 3 weeks and having a girl... I am from the Pike County area also.  I am recieving my care at the Women's Health Center (on Harrison Street) and this is my first time seeing a doctor here. The staff is extremely nice and courteous, but my doctor is rather slow at my care.. I was 9 months when they told me that my baby could have a birth defect and they wanted to send me to a high- risk doctor in Jackson. But at my last appointment she told  me that my baby has passed her tests and doesn't not have a nueral tube defect or downs syndrome. I was so devastated and hurt and mostly angry b/c i think they saw it before b/c I have had almost 6 ultrasounds since my first visit when i was 6 weeks. So i just ask that you be really careful in choosing your doctor. Please make sure that you can talk to your doctor and you trust them to make decisions for you and your unborn child. Any ways, good luck in your search.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"