Upstate NY Babies
Options

S/O Summertime Poll - alcohol

The post below about favorite summertime drink got me thinking.  Due to cycling for IVF, being pregnant and BF'ing I haven't had an alcoholic drink since 2008 I don't think.  All those drinks below sound so good but I'm thinking at this point even just a whiff of one of them may be too much!  lol

Guess I'll have to start slow - anyone else feel the same way?  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O Summertime Poll - alcohol

• Options
    Yes, definitely!  DH and I use to go out for drinks with friends nearly every weekend.  When we started TTC, I stopped drinking all together and we stopped going out as much.  I've noticed that even 1 glass of wine is too much for me at this point!!! 
  • Options
    Yes! On our big Canadian camping trip next month I plan on sampling a bunch of stuff!! For the last three summers I have been pregnant or nursing and watching everyone get tipsy...my turn this year! Haha...sorry DH. I love margaritas, mojitos, hard lemonade, wine and good old fashioned light beer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That will be me next summer!  If I BF baby #2 for 10 months like I did Stella, I will have been either PG and/or KU for 2 straight years.  I have had a few drinks when I was BFing Stella and my tolerance is way low compared to what it used to be.  Which I guess is both a good and bad thing!

I'm actually looking forward to this fall.  I love a good, dark beer so once I get into a routine with Junior I plan on having 1 beer a night to help my BM supply.  Sam Adams Winter Lager is one of my favorites!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options

um, nope! Embarrassed

I really enjoy a good drink, or beer, or glass of wine. DH and I have wine a few nights a week w/ dinner (not so much now, cuz we're dieting) And in the summer I love a good cold tropical drink or beer. I always drank while TTC (stopped as soon as I got a +) I'm pretty sure the weekend E was conceived we were on vacation, and I was buzzed most of the weekend! ;) Once E was born I always watched what I drank, but would have a glass of wine or 2 while bfing.

I definitely don't drink like I used to... now if I do get a little tipsy I pay for it big time the next day (and not just the morning... the whole day!) 

• Options
    I haven't really had a drink since 2006.  I wanted to get in good shape for TTC and having a healthier lifestyle.  I think I had a mudslide on our cruise in 2008 (right after my m/c) and I recently had a margarita.. pretty sure that's it!  But I odn't really like alcohol, so it's no biggie (not a fan of beer or wine.. just girly drinks once in a while).
  • Options
    since June of 2008 I have had 1/2 of a margarita and was asleep by 8.  At least with wine I can have a glass or 2
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

um, nope! Embarrassed

I really enjoy a good drink, or beer, or glass of wine. DH and I have wine a few nights a week w/ dinner (not so much now, cuz we're dieting) And in the summer I love a good cold tropical drink or beer. I always drank while TTC (stopped as soon as I got a +) I'm pretty sure the weekend E was conceived we were on vacation, and I was buzzed most of the weekend! ;) Once E was born I always watched what I drank, but would have a glass of wine or 2 while bfing.

I definitely don't drink like I used to... now if I do get a little tipsy I pay for it big time the next day (and not just the morning... the whole day!) 

Basically, this.  We are wine-os.  I actually gave up alcohol during the week (kept my weekends open) for lent..I felt like I was have a glass or two every single night and that was not healthy.  Since Easter I have pretty much fallen back into that routine (although last night I was too tired to stay awake long enough to relax with a glass of wine)

• Options
    well i can't help you this summer- but if you feel like indulging during the holidays- I'm so your girl :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"