Upstate NY Babies
Options

? for those of you with convertible cribs

Did you or are you planning to convert from crib to toddler bed before converting to full size bed, or are you going straight from crib to full size?
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those of you with convertible cribs

• Options
    Crib to toddler bed.  I don't think a full sized bed would fit comfortably in her room anyway so that won't happen for a long time.  We do have a twin sized bed in her room now and I'm sometimes tempted to start let her sleep in that with rails on it, because she usually sleeps better there than in the crib. But I get all nervous about it and will probably try to keep her in the crib. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I think we'll probably do a toddler bed first.  Hmmm, I haven't thought that far ahead yet!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we tried the toddler bed and he would not sleep in it.  I think we had it that way for about 2 weeks and then bought his big boy bed
  • Options
    We went straight to a double bed - with a low profile box spring and just put in on the floor. I don't think those toddler beds are safe enough for Evan since he moves so much. The rail is super small.
  • Options
    Justin is in a toddler bed and will go to the double bed once Dylan is ready to go into the toddler bed.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We will go from crib to toddler bed. We don't have a mattress for to full size bed yet and I am hoping to have moved out of this house before having to buy the mattress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dle927dle927 member
    We're going to use the toddler bed at first to see how it goes.  We have all the pieces so it's worth a try before we purchase anything new. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    We converted it to the toddler bed first. The only drawback to ours was that it didn't come with a rail, so we had to put a large piece of foam on the floor for the few times that he fell out of bed. We have a rail on his full-sized bed now.
  • Options
    We tried a toddler bed at first, it was a big, fat fail!  He thought it was cool at first, but then fell out of it while sleeping and never got back in it again.  Went to a queen.  Straight to full size with Bri
  • Options
    Ours (Munire) converts to a toddler bed but we we would have to buy the rail as well as a daybed by just taking the front off.  I don't think we'll spend the money on the toddler rail and probably just move her either to the day bed or just move her to the hand me down twin bed we have since a full would be huge in her room.  She doesn't move a ton and she's content in the crib so I'm in no huge rush to move her out for now
  • Options
    We're going to do toddler bed first. We already bought the toddler rails when we bought the crib, and since DD and #2 will be sharing a room, there isn't enough space to do a full sized bed in there.
  • Options
    We would have to buy the conversion kit for both....so we will probably try to do without the toddler bed and either go straight to the full or do the mattress on the floor deal.  If we had a cheap option for the toddler bed, that would be ok, but I think each kit is almost $100.
  • Options
    Well, we're saving our crib for baby #2 whenever that happens so DD will probably get a new bedroom set when we decide to move her out of her crib.
  • Options

imagebattybtags:
    Well, we're saving our crib for baby #2 whenever that happens so DD will probably get a new bedroom set when we decide to move her out of her crib.

I'm thinking we will do this too.

image        image
  • Options
    Ours came with the toddler rail so we'll give that a try first to see how it goes. 
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"