LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

What are your 10 Things for Tuesday?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: TTT

• Options

1. Eli turns one today! It has been a fantastic, life-altering experience watching him go from the tiny little baby I met a year ago today to the walking, clapping, babbling, kiss-blowing toddler he is now. I could not be more in love!

2. He is spending his birthday sick with a bad cold/cough :(

3. I am hoping he will still be able to go to daycare, so I can make his cake for tonight. We decided on a carrot cake--can't wait to take pictures!

4. Yesterday I bought a Bob dualie jogger off craigslist--so excited!

5. The only way I am going to get in shape is if I can incorporate the kids, otherwise our life feels too crazy to fit it in.

6. I am loving being on maternity leave. Spending days curled up with Lex--napping, nursing, and reading with the occasional house project thrown in, what's not to love :)

7. I totally spaced watching the presidential debate last night. I hope both Bachmann and Pawlenty stay in the race as long as possible to divert funds and create donor fatigue in MN's GOP base. I (probably naively) think that they are both too ridiculous to actually have a shot to win.

8. My mom and stepfather are on an Alaskan cruise right now for their 25th wedding anniversary. My mom just posted on facebook that they went whitewater rafting and loved it--so happy for them. She has been saving for/planning this trip for at least 5 years.

9. We never got around to doing a birth announcement when E was born so I am planning to do an Irish Twins announcement now for both of them--do you think that is cheesy/stupid or a good option?

10. Wow it is 8am my time (on tuesday!!) and I am actually finished with TTT--this never happens :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1) We're gonna have to add RB to the 'operation chubby cheeks' club.  She went from not gaining anything from 15 to 18 months to actually losing weight in the past month. oy

2) Daisy has picked up every last ounce RB has lost. I'm loving her chunky monkey legs!

3) Sprout showed his social worker his special book yesterday and she loved it.

4) she was also talking fairly confidently that he doesn't have to worry about moving...ever.

5) Big Smile

6) I really like her. She'd make a good mommy friend.  But it would be weird to ask for a playdate, huh?

7) after calling 15+ people, we finally found a therapist who's willing to work w/ Sprout.  Pleeeeeeaaase let her be good. i cant go through that again.

8 ) DW and i are gonna go test drive cars on our lunch break.

9) Daisy is a snotty, coughing mess. She did.not.sleep.at.all last night. Which i normally wouldn't complain about, but she got me sick and i'm never going to get better w/ no rest.  waah. 

10) i'm jealous of all the kid-free time DW gets.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  I am going to do this before 5pm tonight.
    2. I have so much to do before the end of school and then our move.  I am not motivated.
    3. We finally decided to scrap all plans for E's birthday and just do a small family party in S's parent's back yard.  We don't have any money and E really doesn't care.
    4. number 3 has been a source or contention with my dw.  I am so glad we can move on.
    5. I found fabric that I want to make E's toddler bedding from.  It is super cute.  I wish I could sew so I didn't have to hire someone to make it.image
    6. I have found some super cute art on etsy to go with the bedding.  I am a little obsessed.
    7. This all is happening while I am supposed to be working on school stuff.
    8. I have a quiz to correct.  It is so not happening today.
    9. My good friend is 32 weeks pregnant and having pre term labor it is stressing me out.  I do not want to have to go visit her in the nicu.
    10. Ha I finished!
    11. Options

Happy Birthday Eli!

CT let me know if I can help with ideas.  Welcome to club chubby cheeks!

Oh and I forgot to put something.

We put E in a nightgown for the first time last night.  She looked super cute and twirled in it.  At about 11 she woke up crying...we found her naked except for a diaper in her crib.  I guess she isn't ready for a nightie!  How she got out of it and for how long I do not know. 

12. Options

1.  I'm back.  I just needed a 6 week break, apparently. I feel naive for thinking TTC would be easier (physically and emotionally).

2.  After 4 cycles and 6 IUIs (and close to $10,000), we've decided to try at home.  Our doc (RE) will not sign the paper work.  Nice, huh?

3.  K's co-worker had their PCP sign the necessary paperwork, so I'm making an appt with that doc. 

4. I feel kind of free (from the RE). I wasn't sure if I could/would get optimistic again, but I am!

5.  I'm also training for a 5K, which helps.  I swear I'm not going to stop working out this time!

6. We're going to an outdoor concert tonight!  Yay!

7.  I should post some pics of our garden.  It's beautiful, and nothing is even really blooming yet!

8.  I need to consolidate some school loans, and I can't find the paperwork! Crying

9.  I'm on a Jodi Picoult kick.  Anyone have suggestions for my summer reading list?  I'm trying to read 41 books this year and I've only read 13 so far!

10.  I have a "34 by 34" list (things to do before my next birthday) and it's really helping me get things accomplished.  I'm tracking a little bit behind, and just about everything else on the list is going to cost $!  

13. Options
      imagectbride08:

Tell me about it! Stick out tongue

1. Big changes came down at my work yesterday.  Not good nor bad, just different.

2. Someone tell my child to stop growing.

3. I need a new diaper bag, one that will be better for our trip.

4. Does anyone want to babysit tonight? I need a sitter and have no one to ask.

5. It looks like NY will pass marriage equality this week.  Call me jaded but I can't muster up too much excitement.  Until they pass new tax laws all this amounts to is a symbolic gesture without much actual equality behind it.

6. #5 I know it's more than symbolic for some people and in the end it's one step closer, opens minds, yada, yada, yada

7. I have an afternoon filled with meetings.

8. I just got leid Wink (a few kids came through the office celebrating 'fun day' and gave me a plastic lei.)

9. Better work on finding a sitter.

10. Hope everyone has a good day!

14. Options

1. I have banned myself from Googling information about IUI/implantation/etc. until after the scheduled PG test on Monday. I can't take it.

2. I plan to be better at dealing with this by the time we try next time. This may be unrealistic, but it makes me feel better :)

3. Yesterday was a productive day at work and I really need to repeat that today (and tomorrow).

4. I'm wearing my lime green glasses today. I think that I don't have *quite* enough self-confidence to pull them off, but they still make me happy. And my boss loves them.

5. Why are the white couch covers at Ikea $35, and the rest of them are $200+? I bought the white one, but we're only going to use it for parties.

6. I wonder if there are episodes of Double Dare available online somewhere. That was a good show.

7. I'm on WW as well, and started to make a tuna/cucumber/celery salad this morning to bring for lunch before I figured out that the recipe comes out to 10 points per serving. I still haven't figured out how - the only non-zero items are the tuna and the olive oil, and it just didn't seem like enough of either to make 10 points total. I ended up bringing delicious taco leftovers that add up to 7 points!

8. The weather is so gorgeous here right now. I'm going to walk home from work and take pictures of my favorite rowhouses on the way.

9. I really, really, really can't wait to have a yard to hang out in someday soon :)

10. Back to work.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    15. Options
      imageTwo*True:

4. Does anyone want to babysit tonight? I need a sitter and have no one to ask.

always! just swing her on by ;)

16. Options

1. Honeymoon planning is taking priority over fertility planning the last few days.  It's coming so fast!

2. I'm feeling slightly less manic about it now.  

3. We had an awesome weekend with our nephews; I love 2 year olds.  

4. It makes me a little sad to know that my sister will never dote on our children the way we dote on hers.  (This would be impossible, the only reason we can is because we are still child-free.)

5.  It also makes me sad that our children won't have a lot of family around.  My family is tiny and other than my sister far away, and DW's family is all in WI or MN.  

6. I just bought new books to take on our trip!  I love having my own new books, even if the library is a lot more practical.

7. I went to a training on family therapy in foster care last week and thought about CT and Butterfly's kids during it.  I would really love to move my career more towards this.

8. I have so much paperwork to do before we go on vacation, it is insane.

9. BIL sent delicious homemade banana bread for me with  his family when they came to visit.

10. Ack, meeting time. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
      IVF Oct/Nov 2012
      Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
      Cautiously optimistic.
    17. Options

1. I wish my children would sleep into the 6am hour. For the last couple of days they have been up at 5:45am. Yawn.

2. I am moved into my new office. I love the window, but not the new configuration. Right now, my big a$$ color laser printer is on my desk. I am looking for solutions to get it off so I can reclaim that desk space!

3.  I was off of work yesterday and didn't get around to cleaning out my closet/drawers. I did manage to spend an hour at Wegmans (the Disney of grocery stores!), get navy shorts for the boys' school uniforms on sale, get them water shoes for camp, do a couple of loads of laundry, grill sliders for lunch, sit on my bed watching crummy daytime tv, and drive into the city to drop off tickets that we sold on Craigslist.

4.  Summer tv stinks. Redbox is our BFF.

5.  I am submitting 2 proposals to speak at national conferences. Sadly one is local. The other is in San Fran. Ooooo, that would be fun! :)

6.  The car seat safety people were in the parking lot of the kids' school this morning. I am proud to say that my seats are installed correctly and I was able to answer all of their car seat related questions.

7. What the heck am I going to do for my father for Father's Day? I need to decide TODAY.

8. Nevermind, I just ordered him chocolate dipped strawberries to be delivered. Glad to have that figured out. :)

9.  I am so unmotivated at work. I know that the weather outside is beautiful and I want to be out there!!

10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that CT and A's SWer is talking about permanency with Sprout. Big Smile

18. Options

1. Hey CT, welcome to the club...  Huh?  (Also, I paged you above...)

2. Its a high of 71 today and I am LOVING it. I have every window in the house thrown open. 

3. Taking advantage of the cooler weather to do some cooking/baking. Made a pumpkin loaf and some pumpkin loaf cupcakes this morning... doing honey mustard chicken and potatoes for dinner. 

4. I don't want it to get warm again.  (Le sigh.)

5. We just got Gwen her first pair of hard-soled shoes for the summer. 

Aren't they freakin cute?!

6. Trav almost had a stroke when he saw what good kids shoes cost. 

7. I just had to run around and close our doors... our neighbors are getting some roof work done and there are all these random guys walking between our houses. Makes me a little paranoid. 

8. But then I feel guilty, because I don't want them to see me closing and locking the doors and then think that I think they are "bad" guys. 

9. Oh well, better safe and feeling guilty then sorry, right?!

10. My best friend is coming over for lunch with me today. She's on maternity leave with her 2 week old (my goddaughter!). I can't wait for some baby snuggles!! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
    19. Options

Happy Birthday Eli!

CT let me know if I can help with ideas.  Welcome to club chubby cheeks!

Oh and I forgot to put something.

We put E in a nightgown for the first time last night.  She looked super cute and twirled in it.  At about 11 she woke up crying...we found her naked except for a diaper in her crib.  I guess she isn't ready for a nightie!  How she got out of it and for how long I do not know. 

20. Options
      imageKershnic:

7. I went to a training on family therapy in foster care last week and thought about CT and Butterfly's kids during it.  I would really love to move my career more towards this.

please do! there is such a need! (it was mission impossible to find someone who would see Sprout)

21. Options

Mandy - I just read the newest Jodi Picoult about lesbians. Stick out tongue Sing You Home. I thought it was pretty cliche, but good. I also like her books since many have a medical twist to them. I liked Handle with Care, The Pact, Mercy.

Two - I agree with you re: the marriage laws. I am happy to have those steps, but I need it to mean something in the eyes of the law. Oh, and I would babysit! :)

22. Options

1. Happy Bday Eli! The first birthday is so amazing Smile

2. I love ct's #4!!!!

3. That fabric is super cute, ssg! So funny about E and her nightie!

4. mandykatie - wishing you good luck fast!

5. Two - I really like using a backpack as a diaper bag when traveling.

imageTwo*True:
      imagectbride08:

Tell me about it! Stick out tongue 

Ugh, me three! (Though, Two, you totally "win" here Stick out tongue )

7. Henry is kicking my @ss these days! His transition into toddlerhood is not proving to be an easy one!

8. Perhaps the universe is just balancing itself out because he was such a delightful infant.

9. His sleep is such a freaking disaster right now.  He is trying to drop from two naps to one, and it's not going well. He won't take two naps, but he won't take the one nap for long enough, so he is getting really over tired, and that is making bedtime/night time hard too. Boo.

10. On a more positive note, he now knows what a "fishie does" Smile He does this cute little fishie mouth when you ask him. Kills me.

Mrs._F
      sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

23. Options

1. The Dodgers game was so much fun last night even though they lost.

2. Security at Dodgers Stadium is crazy now, there were police and security guards everywhere. 

3. We sat right next to the Dodgers bullpen and A got 5 of the players autographs.

4. Knott's today.

5. Camping tomorrow!!!!!!

6. We got an old Coleman camping stove from 1964, it's awesome.

7. I need to get my dads Father's Day cards in the mail.

8. Am I a dork for having a camping checklist?

9. I like having J home.

10. Starbucks?

24. Options
      1. Sunday, when I was giving the pup her flea and tick treatment some dripped one her fur and C instinctively wiped it with her hand. I was so concerned about the chemicals both for her health and because Little Man is still breast feeding.
      2. C washed her hands immediately and read the label, no lie...the label read, "safe for lactating bitches." I told C that I wasn't going to react to that line one iota.
      3. C knew I was going to post that...we both got a kick out of it!
      4. The Kiddos think it is so funny to run from me or do something I asked them not to do. They laugh so hard...what happened to my "fear factor"?
      5. My Little Man LOVES to razzberry his food out of his mouth...I HATE it! He knows I hate and doesn't quit! (Thankfully, C has come to my rescue!)
      6. Some nights it is so hard to get the Kiddos to sleep...then they wake up around the 3am hour and refuse to lay back down...nine times out of ten they end up in our bed.
      7. Two small fries can take up a whole lot of bed!
      8. My brother who is in Korea is going to visit my Mom in mid-July and I would love to see him, but C had a good point...what I enjoy the most is having my Mom to myself.
      9. I wish plane tickets weren't so darn expensive!
      10. Birthday wishes to Eli; CT yay for the SW news; Meegs AWESOME kicks for Gwen; True, hope you find a bag that works (I am so envious of your trip); YAY, SSG you did it!; leapgirl, those are nice glasse...you should wear them; 2brides, if you go to San Fran would you be needing a nanny?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

25. Options
      Oh I might need to take you up on that!
    26. Options

1) 30 more days till we meet DOS BABIES - Holly crap ! We need names!

2) 2 cribs set up 2 walls painted nursery progress which is lame they wont even sleep there till they are like 3 mo old 

3) Need a new or used car a Mini Van is that bad that I am excited about this - must have remote start.

4) Poor Melanie -she is miserable but such a trooper and big belly -

5) Excited for our open house/shower and father day get together with friends and family  this weekend

6) #5 makes me really have to clean and organize - I like that but there is a ton that needs to get done.

7) finding a Mohel to do a bris if we have aboy is becoming a real PIA especially because Melanie is not only like 75% jewish not really .

8)I have not been taking my vitamins in quite sometime and I really need to - loosing weight and being mal nourished is all fine and dandy but I cant handle the Jiggles i have now.. 330lbs to 239 in 5 months is crazy and seems not so health but i feel good for the most part I just want a DAMN cheese Sandwich

9) Its getting HOT HOT HOT in vegas...

10) my hair is so grey and silverish but dyingit black is not an potion I am not young anymore but not old either..

lnelson20: Happy Birthday to E hope he is feeling better 

ctbride08: Love chunky monkey kids its the cutest - babyfat -chunkosauraus chubs love it all cant wait ...

ssg73: Yay for B day plans sounds fun .. and LOVE ETSY its DANGEROUS!!!

mandykatie - Melanie felt this way when she and I switched RE's  and I wish i liked to read!

Two true:   5. It looks like NY will pass marriage equality this week.  Call me jaded but I can't muster up too much excitement.  Until they pass new tax laws all this amounts to is a symbolic gesture without much actual equality behind it.

THIS IS MY FEELING AS WELL! We are Legal in CA and our taxes are still not complete per the IRS and on hold/extension

leapgirl8 : I wanna see a pic with these lime green glasses !

Kershnic-ooh honeymoon so jelous we never took one well a mini moon to vegas melanie has never been and go figure we live here now SO.DAMN.CHEAP!

2brides: why do people prefer redbox to Netflix? 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
    27. Options
      Mommy monster - Mine did like 3 times... so i did not finish either sucks
      - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
    28. Options
      image2moms2twins:

2brides: why do people prefer redbox to Netflix? 

We actually do both. We use Netflix a lot for the kids since they have seen everything kid appropriate that is available on Redbox and L's dissertation (her methodology pulls in a lot of various media including movies.) We use Redbox for the quick, "oh, there is nothing on tv tonight, wanna get a movie?" scenarios. :)

29. Options

1.  Today is the 5th year anniversary of my dad's death.  He was 49.

2.  Probably why I am in such a bad mood :(

3.  My mom died when I was 3 and I was raised by my dad.  To say we were close would be an understatement.

4.  He never met K.

5.  I was living in Hawai'i when the cancer spread to his brain.  He was a genius.. it was the hardest hit for him, his brain being affected.  I gave everything I owned and bought a one way ticket home.  After living there for 6 years, I was gone in 4 days.. it was surreal.

6.  I worry (perhaps rationally) about dying young and leaving K and the baby all the time.  My mom was 29 and in in amazing health - thin, active, didn't smoke, didn't drink (ditto all for my dad) and she died at 29.  Now that I am pregnant it breaks my heart to think of her looking at me at 2 years old, knowing she would never see me grow up.

7.  How is that even f'ing possible?  

8.  If I add my parents ages when they died and divide by Pi and multiply by some totally unrelated number, I find myself well beyond middle age. 

9.  Gloomy TTT, eh?

10.  On a lighter note... we leave for Ptown in 6 days!  And we found an inn that will accept our cat, Gabriel's,  are bringing Henry!  I refer to it as 'Henry's big gay adventure'.  Nothing says traveling lesbo's like a cat riding b*tch.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
    30. Options

((hugs))

I have a close friend whose father died of cancer when he was 3. He had a lot of fears about having kids and leaving them behind to face that kind of pain. But somehow, having a baby is the one thing that finally made him accept what his doctor had always told him: that his father's death was not a legacy he was destined to repeat. He still thinks about it, but it gets better all the time. I've never seen him so happy.

31. Options
      imagejeannkerricotober09:

10.  On a lighter note... we leave for Ptown in 6 days!  And we found an inn that will accept our cat, Gabriel's,  are bringing Henry!  I refer to it as 'Henry's big gay adventure'.  Nothing says traveling lesbo's like a cat riding b*tch.

1. Bahahaha...this made me laugh out loud. LOVE IT. And hugs to you about your dad and your hard day today...thinking of you.

2. Happy happy day to those of you with good news (Eli's birthday, Sprout's SW news) and hugs to those of you needing them today.

3. Two I second Mrs. F's vote about the backpack diaper bag for travel. Having both hands to deal with the babe and whatever else is SO worth it.

4. I'm late to the party today...busy morning and then a doctor's appt. at lunchtime.

5. I need more sleep.

6. A local artist named vicci.martinez is competing on the NBC show The.Voice and performs tonight. I'm normally not into such shows, but she is incredibly talented and she is "family" and she deserves our gay votes!Wink

7. I hope that the weather warms up around here before oh...say...July?!?!

8. We are going to roller derby again this weekend, woot woot!

9. On Saturday my gf and I are driving around scoping out neighborhoods with a good friend who lives in the part of the city that we want to move to next year...I am SO excited.

10. Is it time to go home yet? Oh yeah, some of you already have!

32. Options

CT ? I?m surprised it was so hard to find an individual child therapist for Sprout? I think I am spoiled by how many resources there are in the community I work in.  Of course there is also an enormous need, bigger than the resources available, but still!  Unfortunately mental health treatment with private paying clients or private insurance pays much much better, so that will play a big role.  I?m glad you finally found someone though!  Yay for persistence!  (And permanence talks!)

Mandy ?  I am sorry to hear that you?re having so much frustration.  :(  My thoughts are with you.  As for reading material, I love Jodi Picoult, but I didn?t love her new lesbian book all that much.  (Still worth reading).  Have you read The Time Traveler?s Wife (way better than the movie), White Teeth, The Glass Castle, or Half Broke Horses?  All some of my favorite books.  I think you mentioned a while back that you were considering foster care?  Another Place at the Table and Three Little Words are two foster care memoir books I?ve liked a lot.

Jean ? ((((hugs))))  Death anniversaries are the hardest.  I hope you?re finding some time to do something nice for yourself and to honor his memory today.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
      IVF Oct/Nov 2012
      Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
      Cautiously optimistic.
    33. Options
      imageKershnic:

Mandy ?  I am sorry to hear that you?re having so much frustration.  :(  My thoughts are with you.  As for reading material, I love Jodi Picoult, but I didn?t love her new lesbian book all that much.  (Still worth reading).  Have you read The Time Traveler?s Wife (way better than the movie), White Teeth, The Glass Castle, or Half Broke Horses?  All some of my favorite books.  I think you mentioned a while back that you were considering foster care?  Another Place at the Table and Three Little Words are two foster care memoir books I?ve liked a lot.

Thanks for the recs!  

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "