Upstate NY Babies

NBR: Laundry

so when you wash your kitchen towels do you wash them alone or with your bath towels or with your bedding? 

I've been hand washing in the sink and then drying but it seems silly- but something about mixing the food towels with my sheets just gets me..IDK... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Laundry

• sometimes I throw them in w/ the bath towels. if I'm running low... but I have a ton so most times I wait till I have a bunch and do a load of rags (from dusting, washing the floor etc) and dishtowels. I usually wash them on "heavy" and add a small splash of bleach to kill any germs.

• Dish towels and bibs get washed together.  I usually pile them on the dryer and do (small) a load twice a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • wendyjwendyj member
    I throw them in with my other towels. I always wash towels in hot water and don't use fabric softener (that messes with the absorbancy of the towels), and do a double rinse so that I'm sure all of the soap and whatever else in there is rinsed out.
  • We do the kitchen towels, bibs, and baby washcloths in 1 load. 

• I toss ours in with whatever...but I don't really have food on them - they are just used to dry hands, basically. Any icky food stuff gets taken care of with paper towels.
  • I throw them in with the laundry, but they aren't disgusting or anything.  Also I often wash stuff with bleach alternative and soak it overnight, I figure it helps to sanitize.  And sun dry when I can.

I have read something about washing underwear with other stuff.. not to be gross.. you could google it if you are worried about kitchen towels, the underwear might be worse..

• All towels get washed together.  I never even thought to do kitchen and bath towels separately.  I don't really see the need to do that.  And I normally wash sheets with our other clothes.  However, if I have a stray towel I'll throw that in there.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All towels are typically done together on Wednesdays and Sundays.  In this weather though, the wet kitchen towels are thrown in with whatever load I'm doing because sometimes waiting from Thursday to Sunday they get too stinky.
    Bianca image.
  • They get thrown in with my other towels.  I don't use fabric softener on them for the same reason Wendy mentioned.
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bath towels and sheets are almost as bad as underwear germwise. That said, I wash kitchen laundry with underwear on warm. Sometimes I throw in the bath towels, sometimes I put them in with the clothes or sheets.
  • Eh I wash everything together. I'm lazy that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"