Boston Babies
Options

Wedding at the Boston Public Library?

Hello out there.  Have any of you ever been to a wedding at the Boston Public Library?  I'm going to one in a few weeks (an evening one).  I'll be 36 weeks pregnant by then and do not want to buy a maternity cocktail dress.  Money is getting tight!  I have a black, cotton maxi dress I'd like to wear but worry I'll look too underdressed...although I'm sure no one will be looking at me, except to gasp at my huge belly!  :)  

I know I can dress it up with accessories but was just wondering how formal wedding are there.

Thanks! 

Re: Wedding at the Boston Public Library?

• Options
    I think the BPL only hosts like 4 weddings a year, and they are usually black tie/optional affairs.You'll definitely be under dressed in a cotton maxi - but I also know that people are generally forgiving of a very pregnant lady b/c they know how uncomfortable it can be. So it's probably up to you whether you'll be more uncomfortable in a cocktail dress or being under dressed.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options

imagehabbah11:
    I think the BPL only hosts like 4 weddings a year, and they are usually black tie/optional affairs.You'll definitely be under dressed in a cotton maxi - but I also know that people are generally forgiving of a very pregnant lady b/c they know how uncomfortable it can be. So it's probably up to you whether you'll be more uncomfortable in a cocktail dress or being under dressed.

This - also can you ask a member of the wedding party? They should know more about this specific event.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AK16AK16 member
    The BPL does a decent amount of weddings and they tend to be on the formal side, but I'd say accessorize appropriately, including some super cute (and super uncomfortable) shoes and you'll be good to go. People definitely won't judge, you've the got the prego thing going for you. Have fun!!
  • Options

I have to disagree with a pp. The library hosts many weddings. I went to a wedding there last June (it was beautiful) 3 months after DD was born. I wore a black tea-length strapless dress and brought a colorful wrap. 

No one will think anything of your dress, they will be too excited about your belly! I do agree the best thing to do if you are still worried is to ask someone in the wedding how formal it will be.  

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"