Pregnant after a Loss

is arbys a no-no?

so I absolutely love lunch meat in the summer - subway, jimmie johns, ham and cheese etc.  so I'm really not liking that lunch meat is a no for pregnant ladies (though I would not risk hurting LO).  I was wondering...is Arby's roast beef ok since it is cooked/warmed?  I'm going out for lunch and was trying to think of something different. thanks ladies :)
Asher Thomas 5.19.10
Miles Edmund 12.29.11
Liam Robert 1.21.14
Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15

Re: is arbys a no-no?

• I would eat Arby's, but I'm sure there are women who wouldn't.  I'm not a stickler for following the "rules" 100%.
  • I have ate at Arbys a couple times this PG.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard women I work with say their OB's have told them it's okay to eat at Mr. Goodcents.  I assume it's because they slice their meat as they make the sandwich rather than having the pre-sliced deli meat sitting in an open container.  I don't know if Mr. Goodcents is everywhere, but I thought I would throw it out there.

ETA: I would probably eat Arby's. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• OatoaOatoa member
    I love Arby's.  I've eaten it a couple of times already.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It better be ok, because those roast beef sandwiches were one of the only things I could eat during first tri morning sickness, lol. I'm sure its safe since those sandwiches are warm. Wink
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The issue with lunchmeat is listeria.  While it's a low risk thing, it's still there.  Heat doesn't fully kill the listeria either, so heating it up only does so much.  It's really more about what you're comfortable with. 

I've eaten some lunchmeat and even not heated lunchmeat (when we were in Italy though and the choices were limited).  When I asked my OB about it, she said go with the moderation approach.  Lunchmeat is not great for you pregnant or not, so eat it in moderation. 

Listeria is like trichinosis, in that it's extremely virulent and able to survive extreme conditions for quite some some.  I suggest that you not read studies or stories about people getting sick from them unless you want to never eat lunchmeat or pork again.  When I read about trichinosis, I didn't eat pork for a very long time and I made sure to freeze it for 6 months first if I did (as that's how long it took to actually kill the bacteria in the frozen pork).

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I think it is fine. I ate there last week and I have been sick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
    BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
    BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
    Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker
  • Its definitely a personal choice but certainly I think hot sandwiches should be fine, most guides say its fine as long as its heated to steaming and they are pretty thin slices. There is a cafe near my work and they have the BEST roast beef sandwich w/ tomatoes, onion rings, cheese, and garlic mayo... but its grilled so I don't feel guilty. Well other than its not the healthiest choice but lately beef sounds better than chicken so...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh...I have forgotten all the rules since the last time!  I ate Arby's French Dip last weekend!  I will probably continue to have Arby's in modertion because I absolutely love it!  Hope its ok!
    BFP#1 - 6/06 - DD - 2/07 BFP#2 - 7/30/10 - missed m/c 9w5d - D&C 9/15/10 @ 11w1d
    BFP#3 - 6/5/11 - DS - 2/10/12
  • I ate it during my pregnancy, i think it's fine.
  • Have a *sammich but heat it up or just nuke the meat for a min. I had a few sammiches while pg like hot ham and cheese and such and DS has all his limbs and no extras you should be fine here and there.

** I know I spelled it wrong I just like spelling it sammich!

• I had ARbys yesterday, I figured it was ok since they keep it heated.
  • There was a breakout of food poisoming in our town that they linked to Arby's a couple of years ago. I have been wanting some, but I am too afraid to go there right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"