Parenting
Options

2T Gap to Mini Boden, sizing?

My littlest has only 18-24 month clothes, but the 2T selection at Gap is a bit sad right now.

He's 37 1/2" tall, but I know that the 3T stuff I have from Gap is too large, so I'd order 2T (for some reason, my oldest skipped 2T, or trashed it all so much that I have nothing in that size).

So what size would I get in Mini Boden?  The sizing charts for Gap and MB are comparable, both pointing to 3T for him, but I know that would swallow him in Gap sizing and he'd fit into them well towards the end of the summer instead of immediately.  

Do I get 2T in MB?  Or does it run small?  I have limited experience with MB and their sizing.  

Thanks!

Me with my littlest.

Re: 2T Gap to Mini Boden, sizing?

• Options

That's weird. DD is 37.5 inches tall and she's solidly in 3T, even at Gap. As a matter of fact I have bought 4T for late fall/winter. I couldn't stuff her in 2T if I tried.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

Really? I'll try again, but I swear the 3T stuff is too large, too long, too wide.

The shorts just fall right off of him and he looks like he's drowning in the shirts, but I just measured him again and he's 37.5" tall, and 33.1 pounds.  His chest is 21.5" and his waist is 20.5".

I'm gonna go try again. That would be most convenient if I didn't have to buy anything...

Me with my littlest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How much does he weigh? DS is taller than that an in 2T bottoms and 3T tops at gap, I would go with 2T bottoms and 3T tops.
  • Options
    Your sig is adorable!  DD looks so pretty in her dress!

Me with my littlest.
  • Options

imagewinery:
    Your sig is adorable!  DD looks so pretty in her dress!

Thanks!

She's hovering around 32 lbs. I know she's got Gap tops in 3T, plus a couple of dresses.

Actually, in Children's Place, she's outgrown the 3T tops. They run short and wide, so all of the Tshirts I bought for this summer are 4T!!!

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

Carter is in some FOURS!  I feel like he's the golly green giant. :)  I'd try the 3 again and see if it works.  I think you'll be disappointed with a 2 and they'll end up not fitting in a month.

• Options

I just put the 3T stuff on him again and pulled the shorts right off of him without unbuttoning them.  And the polo, while it fit in the shoulders decently, was too long by about an inch.

Yarg!  Frustrated!

Me with my littlest.
  • Options
    I feel like Mini Boden runs a little small.  DS is 40" and 35lb.  He's just getting into a 4 in most brands for shirts and he wears a 3 for shorts and 4 for long pants.  i got him 4-5 shirts from Mini Boden, 4 shorts, and i actually just ordered him 5 long pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel like the difference between a 2T and a 3T at Gap is ridiculous.  The 3Ts are practically square.  They're so long and wide.

I don't know about MB, but DS2 is wearing 3T in a lot of things, but 18-24mos or 2T in Gap shorts.

Can you just order everything you want in both sizes and then send back the too big/too small?  That way you'll save on shipping and won't have to waste time waiting if you order the wrong size.

• Options
    At Boden, I have always found for my skinny boy that things run big, so I'd get the 2t's.  He is almost 2 and at the Gap he is wearing 18-24, which fits really well and all of his Boden stuff is 18-24 and a little big/baggy, especially the pants.  But I am guessing by the end of the warm weather, they will be fitting pretty well.  I am dreading when he has to move to 2t this fall because he is so skinny that if I find pants long enough, they just fall off of him.  In fact, most of the shorts I got him for the summer are 18 months and they fit his waist a lot better, but you can't really do that with pants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"