Postpartum Depression
Options

Bupropion and Breastfeeding?

I just saw my doctor about getting on some medication for my PPD and she is putting me on Bupropion. I told her my biggest concern was to find something that would be safe in breastfeeding and would not make me gain a ton of weight. Has anyone been on this drug? What is your experience? I trust my doctor that it is safe and will not make me balloon up, but I wanted to get other input. 

Thanks! 

Re: Bupropion and Breastfeeding?

• Options

Wellbutrin (bupropion) has actually been found to help obese women lose weight. 

https://www.bupropion.com/weightloss/index.html

• Options
    lamcoxlamcox member
    I was not obese before, but I lost weight on wellbutrin.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been on Wellbutrin for about a year and had no problems BFing my DD - I was just supposed to watch her for any adverse effects, and there were none).  Since I started on it, I have lost weight but that was probably because I felt better and ate better.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I stopped BFing my DD when I had to go back on Bupropion. My doc said it was the safest and they haven't gotten any negative feedback concerning taking it and BFing.. but she also said there were no studies on it. I just switched to formula... I may have stuck with BFing while on the meds.. but DD wasn't taking to it well anyway.

I lost a TON of weight both times I was put on it. Before I was pregnant I was on it and lost 37 lbs. I went off it during pregnancy... then HAD to go back on and lost 21 lbs this time around!! But I gained it back.. ugh!! It made me have NO appetite what-so-ever! My DH had to force me to eat sometimes.

AF2012-09-08-27-1 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"