San Diego Babies

Housing Help!!

We made the mistake of moving into the first apt we found when we first got out here. It's in Hillcrest, which knowing nothing about the area but seeing it was seemingly a nice place to live we jumped on it. Well there is no central air & the unit was sold to us by saying "just open the windows, the weather is perfect here". Well apparently everyone smokes in the atrium area below our windows & cigarette smoke comes in the apt. Which is NOT cool b/c i'm preggo. Also, there is no washer & dryer or dishwasher, which wouldnt normally bother me but since I have been so weak from m/s its hard to get to the washateria. OH & one last bummer... We have two rescued dogs, (they have been our family for the past 5 years while we've been TTC) so I get to walk them down 4 flights of stairs (dangerous since I'm semi dizzy sometimes) every couple hours to take them out. We need out of here.

So my question is... How hard is it to get into housing here?
Is it nice, decent even?  I heard they don't allow dogs? (Whaatttttttt??)
Anyone know any way around the dog rule? Or which housing we should try for? 

Re: Housing Help!!

• I have lived in SD my whole life. It depends on your budget, really. Maybe check out craigs list for dog friendly rentals? I would direct you to a better area if I knew your budget. Personally, I prefer north county part of san diego, but I guess it would also depend on where you and/or your dh works
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • We live in Rancho Bernardo which is more North County, pay $1650 for a 3 bed and we have 2 pugs. 2 beds around here go for around $1300-$1500 depending on the features you are looking for.  We just moved from a 2 bed that was $1375 had washer/dryer and dishwasher but it was in an apartment complex so parking was an issue plus privacy sucked (did have a/c though).  Also, fyi we are learning this the hard way, find out if in your next place if the water is electric or gas, we went from having gas to electric and our bill has tripled! Good luck, I'm sure you will find something, like pp said check craigslist, you can select pets allowed and it shows you all the listings :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"