Birth Stories

My June bug turned into a May flower....Birth story and Pic is my sig.

Miss Makenzie Grace arrived on May 20, 2011 at 12:38 p.m. weighing in at 6 lbs even and 21 inches long.

I went to the hospital on Wed night because my BP was elevated and was sent back home. Well needless to say Thursday afternoon my OB called and stated that they were supposed to keep me on Wed night because he wanted to induce due to pregnancy induced hypertension ( I had been on bedrest for 3 weeks prior to delivery because of Pre-E symptoms).

Well we arrived at the hospital at 3:30 on Thursday afternoon and got ready to get the induction going. I recieved my first Cytotec dose at 8:00 pm on Thursday night and then another dose at 12:00 am and my last dose at 4:00 am on Friday. The Pitocin drip was started at 8:00 am on Friday morning. My OB came in at 9:00 am checked me and I had dilated to 4cm then he broke my water. At 11:00 the nurse checked me and I was at 7cm the pain shot they had given me at 4:00 am had worn off so I opted to get the Epi and boy was I glad that I got it. Thirty minutes later the nurse rechecked me because I was feeling pressure --- sure enough within 30 mins of recieving the epi I had made it to 10 cm. I started pushing a few minutes later and my little bundle of joy arrived an hour later at 12:38.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My June bug turned into a May flower....Birth story and Pic is my sig.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"