Military Families

Tricare & doctors (haaa I need to vent )

WOWwwwwwww okay so I moved home bc my HD deployed and Im pregos. I called up tricare and got connected to doctors in their network bc there are no military bases or military anything in my area for miles and milles.
Even though my doctors are in the network they cant figure out anything with tricare. I got procedures and tests approved by tricare before I made the appointments and called tricare everytime to make sure things were covered.
However... once these things were done, every bill the doctors had sent to tricare have been coded incorrectly according to tricare, and have been getting denied, then the doctors are sending me bills in the 1000$ + range. sooooo annoying Indifferent
For the past couple of days ive been on three way calls with tricare and the doctors trying to get all of this straightened out. Both say I am not responible for the bills. Yet they keep fighting about whos fault and blah blah

Story short.. half the bills got written off by the doctors offices bc they wont change the codes i guess, and others they fixed & tricare is covering..

This just drove me nuts. I hate getting bills for things I know I dont owe.Sad

Re: Tricare & doctors (haaa I need to vent )

• I feel your pain. I am active duty in the medical field, and 8 weeks away from my second daughter. I know tricare can be rediculous, even for those of us stationed at a base!!! My recommendation? Keep a bowl of Hershey kisses by the phone when you call. Helps me :)
  • imagedmiller86:
    I feel your pain. I am active duty in the medical field, and 8 weeks away from my second daughter. I know tricare can be rediculous, even for those of us stationed at a base!!! My recommendation? Keep a bowl of Hershey kisses by the phone when you call. Helps me :)

haha That put a Smile on my face. I will def. try that ! Thank you  !

• Loading the player...
  • As awful as it is right now, this sounds like a total billing code issue, which is the doctors office's fault. TRICARE is pretty clear on what procedures it covers for pregnancy, to include only two ultrasounds unless there is a medical necessity.

And while many get upset with that, it is the standard of care for MOST civilian HMOs too, so the Doctors office AND billing office/personnel should know what to do.

I am not saying hat TRICARE is perfect, especially when it comes to billing, but I do know the companies that process the billing issues, and under the current contracts, they have created the best billing processes they could BECAUSE the old contracts ( when there were over 10 regions). THOSE companies, not TRICARE per se, really want the processing to run smoothly, they make WAY more money. And it is ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY, lol

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • This is a doctor's office issue.  Tricare has WONDERFUL AMAZING OB coverage.  I had a civilian doctor for my pregnancies (and not in a high military area, either) and they figured it out just fine.  Your doctor's billing office needs to be calling Tricare - not you.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• I got off the phone today with Tricare, following up, and my doctors had basicly admitted its was there fault to them lol
    Of course they wont call me and tell me that.. but they ended up having to write a lot more things off then im sure they thought..

Tricare said they had made a note of this happening so if it happens again, It will be a easier fix. Next time the doctors will hopefully get their stuff right so they can get paid, or theyll have more stuff to write off again.

• imagesweetpea2003:
    This is a doctor's office issue.  Tricare has WONDERFUL AMAZING OB coverage.  I had a civilian doctor for my pregnancies (and not in a high military area, either) and they figured it out just fine.  Your doctor's billing office needs to be calling Tricare - not you.

Agreed. They have been amazing with our pregnancy. I have friends back home (teachers and such) who had to pull out loans to give birth. Tricare has many hoops to jump through, but I will jump if it means free healthcare. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"